1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai --> Mumbai - ALL ALONE - NH4 Road Conditions Please + Need Contacts and locat

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by yok1987, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Chennai --> Mumbai - ALL ALONE - NH4 Road Conditions Please.

Oct 1st Early morning - start from Chennai - Rest the night in and around Hubli.
    Oct 2nd Early Morning - Back on Road and reach Mumbai Outskirts for dinner. wait for City traffic to settle down and then drive in to the city.

Since this is my first longest drive and all alone,

Need Contacts and location of Friends who can help in case of an emergency on the way

or

anyone wants to join me
    ?

Looking forward to the drive.::D
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    thats a dream drive :) I think J Ravi sir has taken this route recently if I'm not wrong. PM him for details.
    Also Sathya Sc has taken this route for his leh trip. PM him as well
    1 person likes this.
  3. Naveen2Cool, i think i had seen your ride in ramkay fiat a month back. could it be u?
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I drove till Belgaum last week and the roads are very good. I expect the same after Belgaum till Pune. From Pune-Mumbai, it will be a crowded expressway. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Should be me :) Next time say a hi
    1 person likes this.
  6. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Great man,
    All the best for your 1350 kms long drive.
    As said by Ramjn, you will enjoy the ride till Belgaum or may be up to Karad. But after this road widening work (6 Lane from existing 4 Lane) is in progress upto Pune. Your schedule suggests, you will be in Pune at around 4:00 pm, that is OK, but if you get delayed by one hour or so the NH 4 (a small part of 35 kms ) becomes a city road till 9:00 pm. So please plan accordingly. After leaving Pune you will again enjoy expressway. PM me if you need any help around IT Park Area i.e. Hinjewadi, Wakad.

Milind Pande
    Pune - 57
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you can start very early, say 4 or 4.30, you can easily go till Kolhapur and take a break.
    Next day by afternoon you should be in Mumbai.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yesterday, I drove from Mumbai to Bangalore on my way back from Mount Abu. I crossed Pune bypass by 4:30 am and reached Sai Food Court near Kolhapur by 8:30 am. Pune to Satara section has gone from bad to worse; it has become the driver's nightmare. Potholes have become craters, craters have upgraded to ditches and the ditches into huge pits. The rain and darkness have contributed to the mess. And the pity is, we have to pay for getting our cars thrashed and beaten up. Frustration.gif So, be prepared for the worst stretch of road between Satara and Pune. Pune NH 4 bypass is another mess where a lot of construction activities are in progress with bad diversions.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I drove to Hubli last month road is excellent, took us 5 hours to reach.

At Hubli you might consider to stay at Ananth Residency near rly station or Ananth Executive erstwhile woodlands hotel, well maintained hotel with nominal charge, double room costs some 2000/- per night
    You can have breakfast at Kamat.

Luxury option is Gateway hotel by lakeside by Taj or Clark's Inn on airport road.

have some famous Dharwad pedhas if possible ! And have a safe trip.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Aptly put. The bad roads, worser traffic manners, high tolls, what not and getting the car battered is a bonus. :A
    1 person likes this.