1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai - Mudumalai/Bandipur route Suggestions Required

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Relativity, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to leave early from Chennai tomorrow morning and since I haven't driven in mountains except Yelagiri, trying to avoid ghats so have chalked out the following route. Please review and correct based on your knowledge and road conditions:

Chennai-Krishnagiri-Housr-Bangalore nice road- Mysore road exit- Ramanagara- Mandya - Mysore-Gundulpet- Bandipur - Masinagudi
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    this route is fine if you want to avoid ghat roads..

alternatively you can try

chennai- viluppuram-salem-sathiyamangalam-bannari-thalavadi-bandipur-mudumalai (my preferred route)

or
    chennai-krishnagiri-mettur-bhavani-sathiyamagalam-bannani-thalavadi-bandipur -mudumalai

from sathiyamangalam its ghat road but you wont have much traffic and you will be travelling inside the forest all the way till mudumalai.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Relativity,

In terms of road condition, the route mentioned by you is perfectly fine. You will have good roads all through out and yes as dhans4all told, there will be no hilly drives in this route. In case you want to experience Sathiyamangalam, you can try the alternate routes suggested. Its a scenic route as well. When you are behind the wheels of Punto, you need worry about hilly drive my friend. It will be a pleasure :clap
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Let me re-phrase, what is the fastest way to get to Mudumalai? I can't leave earlier than 6 AM.
  5. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    via sathyamangalam route it will take 10 to 10.5 hours (non stop ) if you maintaining 80-110kmph speed. you will be having toll cost of appox 200 till bhavani then state highway starts.