1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai Metro Rail

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Feb 27, 2013.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Very true. It is just fit to be called a normal road, not an expressway by any means. My office is located before Perungudi toll plaza so I escape the toll :D

Talking about metro, they should first revive the flying train stations(MRTS) first. They are built so big but maintained very badly. These stations could be easily turned into good shopping malls.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nope. Its no dream and no videos are needed. You have to see the Delhi Metro station in person. All facilities are easily at par with international standards (fully air conditioned and entry is very strictly restricted to travelers). I am just hoping they will emulate Delhi Metro.

Some real pictures of Delhi Metro Station.

18052011392.jpg

ded.jpg

Delhi-Metro1.jpg

dscf5374.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    8 people like this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Hmm, Looks good - I'm hoping to see something as close to this here in Chennai. BTW I don't think Sreedharan who worked on Delhi Metro worked on Chennai Metro - Is my understanding correct?
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Correct. But, he is one of the adviser for the Chennai Metro rail project. And going by the plan and the budget, they will more or less emulate Delhi. Tickets are not going to be cheap as the MRTS. The ticket cost from Chennai central to Airport is rumored to be Rs. 25.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai

Tkey as per law No TOLL Gates or no TOLL's should be collected in City Limit's. I guess OMR is into City Limit now. BTW they keep on increasing the TOLL charges. Now it is Rs 20 one way
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The metro rail map for Phase I with the underground alignment.
    chennai-metro-rail.jpg

The work is on for the underground tracks.
    TH08_METRO1_1106948g.jpg

BL27_LOG_KOL-METRO_1125596f.jpg
  7. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Ramesh sir the CMRL looks so much promising. I am waiting for it to be launched so that i can drive my Punto without any congestion's on the road.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good thought. :)

BTW, you are free to just refer me Ramesh. I am younger than you after all. ;)
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Parking spaces will be rare sight at Metro Rail stations

It might not be a quick hop from a bike or car to the train at all stations, for commuters of Chennai metro rail. Officials of Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) said that they have planned to provide a parking facility in only five of the 19 underground stations and nine of the 13 elevated stations.

On the 24-km underground network, parking facilities will be provided at Central, Saidapet, Nandanam, Washermenpet and Anna Nagar East stations. Similarly, on the elevated stretch that runs over a 21-km stretch, parking spaces are planned in Koyambedu, CMBT, Vadapalani, Alandur, Ashok Nagar, Guindy, SIDCO, Arumbakkam and Chennai airport.

Full source - The Hindu
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3