1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai Metro Rail

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    LOL. :D

One corridor by the end of this year is good news.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    So you're the health minister is it?

I thought the metro doesn't go to Redhills.

I also heard that apart from major stations there won't be any parking space available at other stations since they are in the road. It's such a shame because not everyone can live bang next to a metro station. Also the Metro will be linking the existing suburban line which means the traffic may reduce.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. ^^ this is the same problem in Bangalore too, no parking for even two wheelers near metro stations.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    An illustrative video of the Chennai Metro Depot at Koyambed.

5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    And have you seen the so called IT Expressway illustration - We all know how much shambles it's in. Like everything in India this will also be in paper and youtube video
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Right. But, unlike this video, the earlier was only about the control center and the Depot for the Metro. Not about any Metro stations. Again, I am having high hopes and expectation for the Chennai Metro rail network. I have personally seen and experienced the Delhi Metro and I must admit that the maintenance, infra and service are at par with international standards except for the crowd. :)
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Teky,

You made my day. I was watching this video with everyone in my office and we couldn't stop laughing. They say "In fact the corridor itself will be like nothing this country has ever seen" :evilsmile An incredibly safe, Litter free, cable free 22 kms stretch it seems :eek: Whatever they have said is implemented only from madhya kailash till Tidel park for 2 kms not 22 kms
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    They are still right. :D

Haven't seen such a unsafe road in this country.
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Ramjn,
    I know how that koyambedu place was earlier. It used to be like a garbage dump and fully water logged. At least they have cleared it up to bring up the metro depot. Thanks for posting the video.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Search YouTube for metro station and there are enough videos for us to continue day dreaming.

Naveen - although it made you and colleagues laugh, I'm worried at the IT crowd paying the toll without asking a question. When there was a charge levied on the share autos they all stood together and ensured this was cancelled. I'm up for paying if the roads are good and reduces my travel time but I've grown up enough to understand public robbery. I've stopped commuting in this road and take the kelambakkam Road even though it's longer.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.