1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai- Kollam/trivandrum Route Condition- Afternoon-Night-Midnight Drive

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nixnarayanan, Jan 20, 2014.

1. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Once you cross tirumangalam, probably after 4 -5 kms you will see a direction sign board (small one) in your left hand side which states rajapalayam, tenkasi, kollam.... There you need to take a deviation which will connect you to rajapalayam Road. Else if you miss, continue till virudhunagar and take a right towards Sivakasi and proceed from there as well....but that is bit long and road is not to the mark
    Sree3070 likes this.
  2. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you .....
  3. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I'm going from Madurai to Trivandrum via punalur, thenmala. Would like to know the road condition. If anyone took this route recently please update.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My strong recommendation would be Madurai-Nagarcoil-TVM. You will get super smooth 4L till Nagarcoil. And this will be the faster route even though farther. You just need to handle the traffic between Nagarcoil and TVM with this option.

The Thenmala route is really a hit or miss. The road condition is very dynamic and changes often depending on recent rains. You will get smooth 2 lane road till Shenkottai but you will be passing through numerous towns and will slow you down. And needless to say, once you enter Kerala you again have to go through the painful traffic there as well till TVM.
  5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ramjn Thanks for the suggestion. I am going via Nagercoil. While coming back if I manage to start early from Thiruvananthapuram, then will take punalur route.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  6. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ramjn The road condition is good till a place called palode. After that it is a mix of good / bumpy / pothole ridden roads till Thirumangalam. But it's pretty much manageable. It took 6 hours to reach Thirumangalam bye-pass from Trivandrum. OTOH the traffic from Nagercoil to Trivandrum was heavy. Got stuck few kms after Marthandam and from there till Neyyattinkara four lane I was driving bumper to bumper amidst crazy people :banghead:
    ramjn likes this.