1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Check Front Warning after Changing Bulb to LED side lamp.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by singh, May 18, 2012.

1. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Need suggestions guys
    Today i changed set of front parking lights to Philips Ultinon Led bulb . They are working fine but now in MID warning light is glowing and written " check front left side bulb" . LED is 1W while normal bulb is 5W
    Google'd a bit and it tells of adding some resistor , as ECU reads changed Load so it gives warning light .
    Anybody faced this prob ever ? or its just me . And how we can add resistor or any other way .
    Left one is 1W led bulb, These Led's are very powerful
    DSC_0714.jpg
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yes even i had he same problem when i changed my parking lamps to some day time running LEDs.
    The thing is LEDs use less power which the MID thinks of as a leak and thus you get that warning (AFAIK).
    What you can do is to look at the current being drawn by you're old lamp and add a resistor in the circuit to make sure they are same. Then the warning lights will go off
  3. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    sosmetimes i think if its not issue , apart from warning lamp glowing than Let it be .
  4. Ravikumar.L

Ravikumar.L

Bangalore
    any updates on this ? .. I'm seeing the same warning message .. " check front left side bulb"
  5. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am interested to do this Modification , But worried of this issue:confused1.
    Even came to know led bulb got melted cause of headlight high temperature in other thread, experts can anyone please guide what light and how to do this mod perfectly without MID warning or other issues.

Thanks in advance.
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi Friends, I have completed my journey and back to bangalore. But while return journey iam seeing one Error message in the MID and with orange light on.

message is : CHECK LIGHTS STOP.

But everything working normally even the lights. Did anybody faced this kind of issue earlier.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Check brake lights including the one on the top of the boot door.