1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Check engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by dino, Sep 11, 2012.

1. dino

dino

Delhi
    The 'Check Engine' light on our Linea came ON the other day . The service center guys had no clue , and after a lot of hit and trial the issue was solved when they drained some engine oil . The problem has started again . Could anyone tell me the reason for this . The blue and me system also stopped working some time back , for which they were demanding over Rs.12000 . Also suggest some service centers in Delhi if you could .

Thanks !
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    May be if you could provide some more information like year of purchase, dealer etc people will be able to help in better way.
    Why not try disconnecting the terminal and again connecting it. This may work. may be a corrupted software problem. Are you feeling any change in performance?
  3. dino

dino

Delhi
    We have a 2010 Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion pack . Servicing is done from ABS Motors in Gurgaon . There has been no loss in power or any other such issues . The light comes on after driving for some time .

What terminal are you talking about ?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am talking about disconnecting the battery.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    For all your servicing needs, head to HIM Motors, Patparganj and ask for Mr Sharma there.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  6. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Today i got Check Engine in the display and can see light being grown all the time. Called service guy on the spot was told to me no issues can drive the car with no issues. I drove back home and parked my car and will be taking my car to service station tom. I feel turbo is also lacking while driving after 2000 rpm. Please advice what should I do.

FYI, 2012 model 7500kms clocked in city with speed not exceeding 80
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Get the battery checked. Many times the errors can be result of a weak battery as in my case ABS, EBD all gone after battery change.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The correct diagnosis of engine check light error should be done by hooking a ECU scanner and checking what the error code is. One should not believe idiot mechanics saying " there is no problem etc"

The code itself speaks a lot about the problems in the car. If not correctly rectified one problem can lead to serious problems later on.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Good news...!!!:D got the "check engine" light error diagnosis and the problem was with one of the hose pipe which was loose. now my beauty is back with the same pickup and turbo power... Njoying driving again...;-)
    1 person likes this.