1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

check engine warning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by renjithlal, Jan 3, 2015.

1. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Yeah..glad that she is back...issue resolved. They told it is just a loose connection in a plug....Wish the problem will not recur.
    pdash and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @renjithlal
    Good to note, hope the car behaves like a charm now. Do you have more details on what was the actual issue and how did they resolve it?
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Thank u all the fellow TFIs. Some of you predicted the issue correctly and some shared their views and experiences to feel better in tough time. The issue they told is a loose -connection in a plug (coupling), which is placed just underneath the bonnet, at the middle, almost under the windscreen, and what service people are telling, if some water seep in and oozes into the bonnet, because of the placement of the issue-found plug, possibility is there, water may drop on to the plug and cause the issue. But I can't accept that. Because just washing the body, how this issue as he was telling would happen? If this is the case, we cannot wash the car at all or put it in the rain !!! On the contrary another guy who attended the issue told me it is a sort of a manufacturing defect in the plug, which may be there in all the cars of the same batch (so far no such issues reported and mine was the 1st reported issue, according to him). So all TFIans having 1.2 manufactured in Oct 2014 (MCA.......D...........KJZ) better watch out for.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Glad to know that your beauty is back on duty :)
    Lets hope for thousands of trouble free miles ahead.
  5. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Hi, I got check engine message while driving my Linea MJD Emotion Pk 2010 model. Along with this message, the air conditioner also failed. I spoke the service center and took it there. After 2 hours of struggle the message disappered but the A/C did not return to normal. I was asked to bring the car and leave for 2 days. Today while I was on my way to office the Check Engine message reappeared. I have been asked to drive and bring the car at convenience. I do not understand what is happening. I noticed that it happened when I crossed speed of 80/90 kmph. Service center is unable to diagnoze. Looking forward to any similar experience and resolution. Thanks in advance.
  6. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I need some help. My car while coming back from chandigarh has broken down. I contacted Metro Motors and they are taking the car to the service centre. They say the time chain has broken due to engine oil being less. I didn't had any indication coming for oil being less or anything else except while starting the car for a few days glow plug light was blinking and use to stop after few seconds, its very cold nowadays in delhi. Apart from this if the engine oil if was less shouldn't a warning be displayed. My car is Linea 1.3 MJD.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Oh dear. Hope you got the timing chain changed on time, 60000k is recommended by Fiat, i think? Did you miss a service deadline (engine oil change and top-up etc etc) by any chance? Glowplug warnings ARE to be taken seriously, esp in older cars.

Anyway, all the best, good that FASS are handling it now, hope Metro Motors sorts this out properly for you.

regards
  8. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    My car is back. Timing chain had broken and damaged cam & 1 or 2 more things. Total cost 10500... not much i think.. it could have been worse and now no servicevrequired for 15k KMS so that is paid up.Engine oil was ok... timing chain i suggest must be changed before 60 to avoid such incidence. As per mr. Pujara of metro motors 60k run in delhi is like 80k run due to jams...makes sense..

.but yesterday wholevday check engine warning was displayed which went off on its own in evening...will go for a checkup...
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had a similar problem in Jan 2015, I was on my way back home from a 100km drive, and suddenly the engine started making noise like a mini truck, the engine light started to blink and i could not rev the engine beyond 3000 rpm. Immediately rushed to the FSC and after an hour of diagnostics, the SA told me its the Ignition cable that connects the spark plug to the engine. I was glad the problem was only electrical and was charged 2200 for it.
    Today the same problem has reoccurred, wondering what is the cause of this issue, Just wear and tear?
    Shake
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @renjithlal : glad that issue is resolved now. which FASS centre in Blore you been to?
    Also,Please do write an ownership review about your car.