1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Check Engine Message

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by atulalvenkar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Today went to TASS again , now they did the checkup again and replace one part(I dont remember that since the Bill was not given due to some network issues) FOC under warranty. They told me to check again with some long distance drive and if find anything wrong, they could rectify.. they took 2 hrs for rectifying the error.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

They did it with ECU examiner last time.. and they told its s/w error..
    I think the same part replaced for me too. now feels the turbo power..anyway they told to test this fix with some really long distance drives..

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

thanks everybody who responded to my query
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ask them to email the bill.Always better to keep all the bills. They will sent it. Just curious to know what got replaced.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    now thats not that important as I got the same error again this is 3rd time it happens as it crosses 2100-2200 rpms ...now I suspect it as problem with fuel supply system!!.. because all the three times before getting warning light engine seems to be stopping like the bikes do when no fuel is on the tank!!.
    fuel supply system cant give enough fuel to the engine when it is in higher rpm say above 2000.....really sad and disappointed with this...
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is what happened to my car initially and disappeared after software updation. I think, from your description yours seems to be due to some other problem.
    Can you capture a vedio and post it to you tube and send a mail to fiat with you tube link.I did that, also I did a CD to TASS, they could actually see the problem.
    The probelm appears around between 53-57 sec.
  5. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore
    Hi,

I had this problem last week in our Linea. Firstly we were having this lock and key symbol on for almost 2 months. Thought it was a battery issue, asked the mechanic to diagnose the ECU etc to eliminate any engine problem, and got the car back in ~ 2 hrs with ECU, filter checked (at least that was what told to us).
    Part 1
    My Dad was driving from Coimbatore - Bangalore and stopped near Hosur to refuel, 15 mins after which started getting the check engine light. The vehicle stalled near Electronics city toll and refused to move. Called the Fiat first - they sent a person in a scooter who checked the battery and said there might be some electrical/ wiring problem. He called the local dealer and went back and 2 other people came and towed the car to the nearest dealer Prerana and said would check for any electrical/ wiring & call back on Mon (since this happened on Sat noon). Mon morning, they called up and said Battery was dead and needed replacement. Monday after noon, they replaced the battery and sent the car home (Ulsoor) and charged 100 rs for the drop :).
    Part 2
    Thursday morning, we started driving back to Coimbatore. After Salem, I noticed that the Check engine light started coming again and in few minutes noticed sudden drop in the pick up. Realised that the turbo had stopped kicking. Called the SA @ Prerana who said it might be a problem with the turbo hose which might have got punctured. We got back to Coimbatore and got the turbo hose replaced (Rs 150) @ Gem Motors.

If you check the manual, there might be 2 common reasons why this light might glow
    a) if the turbo hose is punctured
    b) if the fuel injector needs to be replaced.

Please ask the SA to thoroughly check the ECU, cos you wouldnt want the car to stall midway when you're in the middle of something important!
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Even i too have the same problem with my punto on the 1st day itself. I kept my car in KHT (bangalore) for 3 days. They have replaced the entire wiring (without cost) and now on iam happy punter.. If you want any specific details about this issue call Velu(sales person in KHT motors bangalore) and tell my name(prakash). he will definately help you to sort out your issue.

His no: 09916735542
  7. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    thanks..
    In my case when the warning light comes it will be there for many hours some times it goes automatically in the next morning otherwise it will be there till TASS people fixes it.. Today I explained the problems again to SA and said this is 3rd time I am coming here so it should be final with this error.....and then SA said they need at least 2 days to fix, it might be because of some fault with fuel supply system..if needed some parts are to be replaced. this can be bcos of the use of adulterated fuel.. lets see wat will happen...

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

thanks gautham& ccprakash for sharing your experiences..
  8. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    new updates..

SA called me just now and said they are still working with finding the cause of the error, checked the fuel supply system and found no problem with it. He asked me whether is there any collision from front.. and I said no but few scraps at the bottom.. He said now the remaining part for checking is the "front" and the turbo charger. He said sorry for the delay and its bcos of too much vehicles are there in service center.. probably I will get car by Monday as tomorrow is holiday
  9. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    hmmmm.... When I call TASS today, they told me that checking still under progress and you might not get the vehicle today..!!!!!. SA is on leave today so I had to talk with team leader. Earlier When i gave them vehicle they told maximum of 2 days.. now today is the 4th working day they are with my Punto still not able to fix the issue.. this is really bad service experience for me from TASS.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ECU Software updation is for only petrol punto & linea. For MJD there is no any software updation avialable from FIAT India.

@ fiatfan - Don't keep too much faith on TATA guys.
    They are famous for using all the possible efforts to avoid expensive warramtee claim.
    IMO problem is in fuel supply system. Did thet showed ECU scanning you ? If not then 100% they are avoiding expensive warrantee claim. Sit on their head & get the whole fuel supply system replaced under warrantee. Don't give up your right.