1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Check Engine Message

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by atulalvenkar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Did they connect the scanner?? If no tell them to do so.Engine check light error can be due to many problems.Sometimes faulty sensors also.Get the scanner report from them and do keep us posted.How much has your car run??
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can you elaborate what exactly is the fault with the turbo, as per the TASS.

Also, have you opted for FIAT extended warranty. Is the TASS providing the repair/replacement under warranty or asking you to foot the bill?
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I had same problem,but it was due to some fault wiring...when I got fog lamps fitted..it was easliy solved....
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I had problem with my Punto as the yellow light shown and message like "Check engine" was displayed in the MID. I have checked the manual and find it as injector error and manual says that I should get my Punto in to TASS ASAP. so I did the same and went to Mohan das motors Trivandrum and they have checked and found that its a software error and they said it was fixed. that was two days back. Today I have taken the car in to MC Road and I felt NVH level after 2000rpm is on higher side and performance also not up to the mark. after driving some kilometers I tried over 2000rpm in 5th gear suddenly there was sudden power drop and yellow light was on with the same message!!!!..FE also slightly in the lower side now. I couldnt even cross 100km/hr mark during that 167km trip due to this. and after the warning light displayed I didnt experiment too much just driven with in 2000 rpm.

Can any one tell me whats the problem with my Punto? What should I say when I give vehicle to TASS again.? is it their fault that the complaint came again with in few days(The error message)??
    Noname.jpg
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wow! Nice example of deceiving of customer in the name of ' Software Error'.
    Tata ASS smartly avoided to replace fuel supply system worth of Rs.1.7 lacs.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please take the vehicle to TASS again. Many of such problems had happened with punto vehicles and it got resolved by software updation. Also they told they
    have detected a error. That may be correct. Now let them diagnose little further and detect the cause. I don't think that there will be any problem with your fuel supply system.
    Let us hear what they tell and please update.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did TASS connect the car to the ECU Examiner? What was the diagnosis ?

If they didn't last time, then this time stand upon their heads and ask them to do the diagnosis in front of you.

Cheers.
  8. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    i had the same experience once... there was sudden drop in power and you cant even go beyond 100... drived all the 240 kms with no turbo power. The check engine was also showing. It was bec of a small pipe EGR VALVE REPLACEMENT ( Hose from vaccum tank) they replaced it.
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had the same problem & it was found out to be turbo hose issue. It takes approx 2 hrs for replacing the same. Only problem is that the part should be available with them.
  10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Tomorrow going to TASS again... will be updating....
    thanks for the replies