1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Check Engine Message

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by atulalvenkar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @prakash, congrats and nice to hear about the news. you must be a relieved person, off your tensions and sadness. i was keenly following on rectification of the problem. wishing you pleasurable moments with your Punto. happy driving.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Good to know the problem is resolved to your satisfaction.

However, the mystery here is what caused the cables to get damaged? I suggest you send a mail or leave a feedback with FIAT directly on their website, or i suspect that in the stock yard some Rat may have chewed the wires??
  3. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    I saw the cables, from outside nothing got damaged. Might be some problem inside. I have raised a grievances in the fiat web site and dropped a note to them.
  4. You guessed it right. Cam sensor connection was loosened earlier. After 30k service it wouldn't start and Acument Motors(Bavdhan, Pune) couldn't figure that out(They didn't have examiner in place). Took my car to Pandit Motors(Tilak road). They found the issue with examiner and then I went for 1100km konkan trip. No issues thereafter.
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Sad to know your new car had problems.. But glad to see it getting rectified.. Enjoy the beauty now to the fullest. Its one gem of a car. Happy motoring.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As usual TATA dealer succeed to misguided another FIAT owner. True fact is as below about MJD CRDi fuel injectors.

1) Injectors of MJD are pizzo-electric type. They are very precise.

2) In warrantee period there is no permission to open CRDi injectors even there is any engine error is present or not.

3) If there is any injection system error, dealer is bind to give direct replacement of whole fuel supply system.

4) Whole fuel supply system contains one Fuel Rail, 4 injectors & High Pressure fuel pump (CRi pump)

5) It comes in one kit. Price of fuel supply system is Rs.1.5 Lacs.

6) As per service rules of TATA & FIAT cleaning of CRDi Injectors is not allowed.

7) Cleaning or opening of CRDi injectors is only allowed after expiry of warrantee of car.

8) In this incident dealer done temporary remeady to solve your problem. e.g. Cleaning of injectors,fuel tank & fuel lines.

9) After expiry of warrantee to save the cost of expensive CRDi injectors, people cleans CRDi injectors . Cleaning of CRDi injectors requires state of the art machine worth of Rs. 1 Crore which is avlialble only at BOSCH only in metro cities.

10) In India there is no any car dealer who will purchase CRDi injector cleaning machine of Rs.1 Crore.

11) Cleaning you are telling is not allowed at any cost if the car is in warrantee. Insane bad quality Indian fuel is silent killer for multijet engine. Dealer became succeed to avoid expensive warrantee claim.

Anyway ! It's good that you problem has been solved by using Desi remeady. In future if injectors got again clogging, don't accept the car without getting replacement of whole fuel supply system.I had seen Vista Quadrajet clocked only 500 KM which had got problem of injectos clogging due to bad quality of diesel.Dealer replaced whole fuel supply system worth of Rs.1.5 Lacs in warrantee. So next time be careful if dealer is trying to convice you by doing Desi tricks.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

My bad. I thought that siddhart86 owns MJD. That,s why I wrote big essay

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

My bad. I thought that siddhartha86 owns MJD. That,s why I wrote big essay
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  7. vishal10

vishal10 Timido

Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    I am also facing the same problem for the last 2 days...
    I took the car to the service center...same thing...ECU wires damaged - by rat bites (according to the service guy).
    Any idea if this is covered under warranty and if not...how much this costs ?
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This should not be covered under warranty.

I read somewhere, some members has put some kind of mesh to prevent Rat issue.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have fixed rat mesh, but that is only for the lower glove box to prevent rat entry to the cabin and dash board. The cost was Rs. 750.
  10. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    @Fiat lover:
    Can you tell me the place where you have done the rat mesh?