1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Check Engine Message

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by atulalvenkar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Check Engine error.

Today morning while I was driving got "low fuel warning" indication in MID . Since I was going to office , I thought of filling the fuel in the evening. So I drove around 25 KMS, reached office. In evening when I tried to crank the engine, it started and immediately got switched off and after that it was showing "check engine" error in the MID, also in " Injection failure" indication was ON.

After waiting for few seconds, I tried cranking the engine, it started but "check error" was still showing in the MID and also the Injection failure was ON. Since I didn't have anyother option drove the car with the I.failure indication ON thinking it may be because of low fuel ( range was showing 65 to 75 kms) and assured to fill fuel in the next available pump.

After driving for 4 kms, ,I filled 15 lts of fuel and started the engine. Even this time also the error and indication was continuing. I drove for few kms and did stop/start of the engine again this time both the error and indication disappeared. After reaching home multiple times I stop/started the engine and i didn't get any of those errors. Can this be because of low fuel or should I need to visit TASS immediately for checkup, also my second service is due for next friday, so shall I wait till next friday if the error didn't cropup?

Sorry for the long post.

Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
  2. get your car checked.

that error has nothing to do with low fuel.
    i drove my car very long like 50kms approximately after the needle came completely to the bottom of the red strip.
    eve n then there was no error.
    this must have been due to adulterated fuel
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Since the error disappeared on its own, i'd suggest wait for the scheduled service appointment.

When you go for the service, ask the SA to do two things :
    - check the car on the examiner
    -make sure all electronic, sensor connections are sound.

4. In my case the examiner showed Injection coil failure but actually all the four injectors got clogged due to adulterated fuel due to this 'Check Engine' light came on.
    Last year check engine light came on in my car when I drove her in heavy rainfall and water flooded streets with water level upto the knees which was easily taken care of by the TASS but this time it took some time to diagnose the actual problem
    You should take your car to TASS ASAP.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

My Honda city had this Jerky ride and used to feel that the engine had stalled for some milli secodns during uphill.

But it turned out to be clogged fuel injectors.. see the snap - one on right side is the cleaned injector and the other one you can guess.

As per Honda mech, Injectors needs to be cleaned every 10k kms so that such issues can be avoided proactively.

After which city was really butter smooth

blackberry 266.jpg
  6. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Iam facing a strange issue, with my punto(diseal) vehicle. suddenly the check engine message is coming. the car is went for some time(5mins). after that its automatically going with out touching the accelator. and even its not crossing 1500 rpm. If iam rev up also.. its not going beyond 1500 rpm. Please suggest me what is the exact problem.( if any body faced such type of issue.). And this is the second time since last 2 days.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Have it checked with the ECU examiner at the FIAT dealer. Sounds like some sensor is not working or the connection to the sensor has come off.

Just one of those one in a million things i suspect.

8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Thanks Gurjinder, i will take my vehicle to dealer today. But this problem is happening intermitently. After i parked my vehicle in garrage, the lights went off and the accelarator is working as usual. Again i taken the vehicle midnight at around 1:00 Am its went for few kms again the problem is appearing. Engine is revvering upto 1500 rpms without giving the accelarator. If we are pressing accelarator also its not working.

Automated car without accelarator.?.:A
  9. Possible cause of zero accelerator application is the fuel pump. We have this issue in the Palio D which does not respond to accelerator inputs when the fuel metering sensor in the fuel pump goers bust. Replacement of the sensor and recalibration of the pump in the D resolves the issue. The CRDI pump is a high pressure pump and has 3 sensors instead of the 2 in the Palio D.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

ccprakash even if car would be normal when you take it to TASS, there would be error message (DTC) stored in the history of ECU which can be read through diagnostic software and hardware (Fiat Examiner Smart HD) through which the TASS will come to know what is causing the car to go in limp home mode.