1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Check Engine Message

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by atulalvenkar, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Currently I am facing the same problem -ABS and Check Engine Light.
    My car is presently at the workshop.The error which the examiner showed was
    20302:Ignition Failure(generic)
    20303:Ignition Cylinder 3 Failure
    The guys at the workshop told that it will take time to repair it and hence they have promised to give the car tomorrow (22-6-11)
    by 4.00 PM
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

If my calculated guesswork is correct both denote cylinder misfiring. 20302 is cylinder #2 misfiring , and 20303 is cylinder #3 misfiring. The causes can be many though.

What cause did the TASS guys outline? If any that is.

3. ninads123

I had this "Check Engine" error issue. Fuse was blown due to fan load. Had this problem couple of times in a month and mechanic told me that one fan is not working properly and the load gets on to the other one... I had this problem in summer due to AC fan.

I did free AC retro kit upgrade in May and had no issues so far.
  4. They checked the injectors and cylinders for current supply.The current supply was alright.Then they told me that they will check whether fuel is coming in Injector 3 or not and after that they will come to the Engine part.Overall he was trying to say that it will take time.
    I guess they are following the hit and trial method.
  5. Finally I got my car back and let me tell you its just 'Butter Smooth' now.All vibrations and all lights(ABS and Check Engine) are now things of the past.Now the problem :
    ABS Light: Wire had a cut and hence ABS was disconnected.
    Check Engine Light: Due to the adulteration of the fuel all the injectors got clogged and hence required a thorough cleaning which the guy did infront of me by opening all the four injectors. Now its high time that I should change my present petrol bunk.

Total cost :Rs 1499(including tax)
    My beauty is back again to its original form :)
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Good news.

Very difficult to get fuel, without adulteration. Try to see if any COCO bunk is there in your city, chances are quality will be better.
  7. Is this 1.4 FIRE engine Punto?
  8. Its 1.4 FIRE Linea.
  9. Sorry to say but whats a COCO Bunk ?
  10. Company Owned Company Operated.