1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Check Engine" error and ignition indicator is on permanently.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by teotia.amar, Oct 10, 2011.

1. teotia.amar

Hi ,

I have faced a new error in my Punto 1.4 empk...
    whenever i start my car it displays "Check Engine" error. and the ignition simbol "which should be off after my car is started " is on permanently. has anyone on this forum faced this problem earlier. please help .

I called up service advisor "RAHUL" from pundit and he gave me one number and asked me to bring my car after talking to that person. please suggest.

2. anoop

anoop Superiore

No experience with this before, but I think it is better you take the car to TASS and let them take a look at the ECU for any error codes.
    Please do not disconnect battery before you take the car to TASS - if you disconnect battery for long time, the error codes may get erased.
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

I have not experienced this in my GP,

Im not sure if this would be of use, but just wanted to share my experience with a corolla that i owned a few years back in the US. THe reason that was cited to me was that the fuel cap to the fuel tank has given away and as a result, it was causing some changes to vaccum pressure, making the check engine light to glow. It got fixed after the fuel cap was replaced !
  4. japa78

japa78 Amatore

check engine error

had the same problem.check with concorde,they cleaned the air filter and sent me away.was ok for a day and then bang ! again it appeared the next day,agin went to concorde they checked and said the turbo hose has a leak ,replaced it FOC under warranty!! now all is well!!
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Unless you reset the ECU using examiner, error codes never gets erased; even if you are to disconnect the battery for months. They are hard stored.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Japa, amar's car is 1.4 petrol. It will not have a turbo hose.