1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chariot of our Little Prince (our son) - Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion TW!!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Crazy Fiatian, Jan 1, 2014.

1. dnyanesh666

dnyanesh666

Mumbai
    My pleasure! it's always a great feeling to have newer members in the fiat family.
  2. TahaFaizan

TahaFaizan Timido

Bangalore
    Nicely written. I have also bought the TW Emotion Diesel 3 months back and looking at the conversation between heart and brain as penned down by you, that was exactly my story and for the same reasons, i ignored popular choices and went ahead with Linea. Till now, it's been a wonderful feeling.

I joined TFI only yesterday and hope to be an active member of this vibrant community.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  3. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    First of all, Thank you and Welcome to this wonderful community.

Congrats for your Linea :), to be frank, Teamfiat gave me confidence to go with Fiat.

When you get some time please create an ownership thread of your wonderful Linea.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  4. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Good writeup Charlie...And your car looked great yesterday :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks much Kailas.. Wish to keep it as good as new at the same time clock more miles and enjoy it, just like yours :cool:

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  6. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Washed Chariot for TFI Chennai meet on March 8th, Chariot was too dirty after couple of long drives to my native, glad that we got meet this weekend else I may end up with postponing ;)

Few pictures which taken from mobile after washing, please bear with the picture clarity.

a2e6a4y8.jpg

5yvuba8u.jpg

qy8y8e7u.jpg

edura9yp.jpg

aju8e5y2.jpg

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Beautiful pics.
    Linea also looks beautiful when its fully dirty with mud.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    I agree with Nadeem Ahmed. Linea, esp Tuscan Wine looks the best when dirty & muddy. I was so jealous of Rohit Tunga's muddy Linea when I say it in his Leh Travelogue. So keep it muddy & dirty :D
    1 person likes this.
  9. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    UPDATE : 5000 Kms completed

I'd like to pen down my 5000 kms update in our Chariot.

IMG_20140517_151823816.jpg

So far had a very good experience with our Linea, not even a single time I regretted for choosing Linea MJD. I've completed 5000 kms in around 5 months that too taking Linea only if safe parking space available else strict NO even though the request comes from the Home Minister :)

Driving Experience :
    Driving Fiat is always a pleasurable moment that too especially in highway. For 5k kms I have maintained 2500 rpm but few times crossed it. I feel the car is in total control regardless of the speed and it got excellent speed masking, passengers can't even predict the speed of the car. Think no need to talk about Linea's ride quality and suspension, it's the benchmark for other brands. I feel like some little help (power) needed to touch 160 kmph, though it doesn't matter considering our road and traffic.

Once because of a family emergency I was rushing to my hometown with my wife and 1 year old boy which is 420 kms away from Chennai, reached there within 4.45 hrs including half an hour break approx. Started by 5 am Chennai and reached by 9:45 am. Did spirited driving/hard breaking etc, my little boy was sleeping 80% of the time comfortably in the back seat, only place he woke up was the toll plaza, he don't like the car to stop :p. I then realize how comfortable our Linea was, I chosed Linea over Punto for my boy and again I felt like I made a wise decision by getting Linea.

I get mileage around 16+ kmph in City, 20+ kmph in Highway when driving between 80 to 100 kmph with 100% AC.

Minimum mileage - 16 kmph
    Maximum mileage - 23.5 kmph

Service Experience :
    I was very much confused about service centers whether to go for True Sai Motors (Salem) or Ramkay (Chennai) for 1st service, in between got a call from RDC for reminder on 1st service, at last went with Ramkay. Here is my 1st service experience with Ramkay (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-center-reviews/10062-fiat-exclusive-ramkay-fiat-chennai-45.html)

I have asked to check for below items..
    - No stickers on Windshield (No stickers pasted)
    - Mud flap was loose (Fixed it)
    - Couple of times got error messages in MID like Airbag failure, Check oil pressure (SA told that they checked with examiner and everything seems to be perfect)
    - Wheel alignment (Done)
    - Couple of plastic net missing in boot (Done)
    - Few screws got rusted in doors (no spares available)

Overall good experience with Ramkay.

Bought few items in addition to the earlier one's :
    - Black & Decker Pressure Washer PW1570TD Max 120 bar from Flipkart for Rs.7450 in a offer with all bells and whistles, only item we need to buy is hose and connector. VFM product compared to Karcher and Bosch which comes close to Rs.10k including accessories.
    - Formula 1 Leather Conditioner
    - Vista Tyre Polish
    - New Jopasu Duster

Black & Decker Pressure Washer PW1570TD :
    DSC03388.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

Black & Decker Pressure Washer PW1570TD accessories :
    DSC03390.jpg

Connector bought from Black & Decker Dealer in OMR (Rs.250/-) Seems costly but the product isimported (Made in England) :
    DSC03391.jpg

DSC03393.jpg

Formula 1 Leather Conditioner/Vista Tyre Polish/Jopasu Duster :
    DSC03394.jpg

Scratch and Dent (as part of life):
    - Got one very small dent, I guess someone banged it with the door while opening. Is there any good shop/guy who can fix it in Chennai from our home itself? For this small one, I don't want to take it to workshop.
    - Small scratch above rear right danger light. I think 3M guys can fix it.

DSC03396.jpg

DSC03397.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

Linea brings few changes in me :
    - Earlier I used to have "Me First" kind of attitude while driving, now I got "You First" kind of attitude, I thought like because of driving big car I don't want to rush, but I realized even while driving bike also I got the same attitude.Thanks much Fiat!
    - I thought Tuscan Wine is very tough color to maintain but after buying the B&D Pressure Washer and Formula 1 Carnauba Wash and Wax, I don't think so. Monthly once water wash and using Jopasu Duster daily is more than enough for keeping the car clean. Am very much glad to chose Tuscan Wine, it's drop dead gorgeous whether it is clean or unclean.
    - Whenever I drove to long distance in my Alto, I always set expectation like I need to reach the destination in X hrs, but nowadays I don't feel like set timings to reach my destination, am just enjoying LINEA DRIVE.
    - Before buying Linea, when my office ends I rush to reach home but now after stepping into Linea I feel like I am home, only thing I am missing is my family members.
    - Even in highways I don't get a feel to overtake others purposely, when someone overtakes I get a smile, thinking like, poor guys rushing to their home but I am already @ home with our Linea (Chariot) :dance

Took few snaps of our Chariot and it's siblings just few mins back in the parking :

DSC03401.jpg

DSC03402.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03408.jpg

Thanks all for reading this, Happy Fiat Driving!!!
    4 people like this.
  10. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Good write up & your car is looking gorgeous as usual! What a colour it is!
    1 person likes this.