1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Charging mobile from Cigarette Lighter socket

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Sri, Mar 31, 2011.

1. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    True but not the case with all aftermarket chargers. Some are as good as the original ones.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    But i feel it consumes more time for a full charge than a normal wall socket charging.
  3. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    The time taken to charge depends on the output current of the charger.
    Look for one with an higher output current.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is a mAH rating on most wall socket chargers from company. For example a Samsung phone specific model has 750mA output while a Micromax one with larger mAH battery has 1000mA output current. Please buy a charger that matches your phone. Excess rated chargers than specified can destroy your phone or phone battery. If the rated mA is matched it should charge just as normal in normal time.
  5. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    our belkin usb charger doesn't fit properly too
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sidd- Are you talking about that compact Belkin charger?

Even I facing this issue. It pops out from the socket.

Belkin-MICRO-USB.jpg
  7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    The one PaddleShifter has attached is a copy ( Not Belkin Charger but a duplicate ). I also bought it for 220/- but later exchanged it to the one attached for 800/-

Dual Car Charger with Lightning to USB Cable (10 Watt/2.1 Amp Per Port)

I'm not sure if they charge at low rate, but usually if I keep the AC Wall mount charger for my nexus for 10~20 min it charges 20% but upon charging in the Belkin USB charger it was at same 9% for 20 min. Have to try it again. Just bought yesterday.
  8. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Today I used the Belkin Dual USB charger on the way to office. It worked pretty well. Charger 23% within 1 hour. I looked at the spec of the charger and each USB port has a 10watts/2.1 Amp of output, thats equivalent to ~4.76 Volts. Nearly same to the AC (~5-6v ) adaptor we use.