1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Charging mobile from Cigarette Lighter socket

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Sri, Mar 31, 2011.

OCTANE Amatore

I had been using the cigarette lighter for charging the MMI GPS. But sometimes the charger used to move out of the proper position and so I used to rotate it and keep it in the right way. Once the front portion of this charger opened up and all the springs and other metal components went in to the cigarette lighter. From that day onwards the cigarette lighter doesnt work in my Linea. There is no current from the outlet since this incident while the MMI charger started working in other cars after I reassembled all those things which came out. What could be the possible issue?? Blown fuse??
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Check fuse F44 (inside area marked '2') in the dashboard fuse box rated 15 amps. No. 7 is the fuse replacement pliers and No. 1 are reserve fuses (according to the manual, I haven't checked)

If metal parts fell inside while the circuit was on, I guess they might have caused a short and blown the fuse.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

The cigarette lighter works, but the charger wont fit perfectly in the cigarette lighter, as Vijay and some others stated you will have to adjust the charger and try and pull out the clips as shown by Vijay to make it fit.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Please ensure that the charger is not in the charging slot when you are cranking the engine or turning ignition off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

I use USB port on my music system to charge my blackberry and at same time use the memory card of my same phone to listen songs. :D
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I have a GPS system bought from the US. Its charger adaptor fits perfectly in the socket.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I use a sumsung mobile travel charger and also other mobile chargers brought from ebay and they fit very well and have had no issues till now!!
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I use the China made GPS tab charger and as mentioned above, have to rotate and adjust it a bit to fit properly. Recently we used aftermarket multiple pin mobile charger of Vj_V1 and it fits perfectly. The after market cigarette lighter that I have, pops out once the coil gets heated and hence I have to hold on it for couple of secs to avoid it to pop-out and fall on the floor or under the hand brake area.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    I have also been using after market multi pin charger (some 150 Rs ones) in my Punto. No issues faced till now. Fits in perfectly and works without any fuss
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    The aftermarket mobile car charger takes long time to charge and frequently gets disconnected due to loose fitting, has any one experienced this ..?