1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Changing Stock speakers

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by varin11, Apr 16, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Hey guys am changing my stock speakers to KICKER KS 60(all 4) coxials, RMS 65 W. Any view on the above.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    Hey man,
    where are you getting it done from? do let me know as I am looking to upgrade my speakers too
    why have you not considered components?
    do you have any idea about morel maximos?
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I am getting it done from a shop in Milan Subway.Morel is nice pair of speakers but on the higher side of pricing.Am not considering compos because no intention to put ampli.u cant extract potential of compos without a ampli.Moreever i have heard from several people regarding chances of the crossover getting burned if high power compos are installed with no ampl.
  4. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    hey Varin
    did you get those kickers yet? if yes, how do they sound?
    i went to fm drive at santascruz ... quite a knowledgeable guy ... he suggested that coaxials would work best as the HU would not match components with the low output it has.
    in fact he suggested pioneer 3 way as they would match the best. this inspite of stocking the best brands like polk, facal, morel, hertz etc. ( he does not stock jbl or kicker so that bias can't be ruled out).
    if you have installed the kickers i would love to hear the sound if you don't mind.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I have not yet installed as was out of town. Would be doing it end of this week.would surely update the output.3 way speakers would get noisy due to high treble according to me. You can give it a try by listening to them first.