1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Changing Alloys to Steel Rims Punto Emotion MJD 2010

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by envira, Sep 8, 2016.

1. envira

envira Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello guys,
    I own a Fiat Punto Emotion Pack MJD - 2010 model , with Alloy wheelset.
    Recently i have faced a weird issue of wobbling after wheel balancing and alignment.
    The rear wheel was the cause of wobbling. However, i have taken to the Fiat Service and they said 3 out of 4 alloys were damaged and need to be replaced. They insisted me that they would provide me a dealer price of Rs. 6000/- per wheel. If i have to replace, i would also like to replace the fourth one which in total costs me more than 24k + fitting the wheels.
    I also need to change the tires as they were closer to 40k kms and began to worn out.
    As the default / stock were 195/60, the current ones were Bridgestone B290's, i want to go with a new set of tires too, and want to go to Continental/Michelin/ Bridgestone again. This also would cost me 22-24k.
    Considering this fact, thatthe budget is out of proportion, now i have only option left if i need to get a new set of tires and wheels, which is rather a downgrade of wheels to steel ones + caps. This would cost only Rs 5k to me. I dont mind the cosmetic change, as i commute mostly in rural areas in my place. But my only doubt would be, whether this change would cause performance issues or any other unknown. I would like to follow your suggestions in this regard. Help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    regards
  2. envira

envira Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bump. Great , thank you.
  3. envira

envira Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anybody.
    Does I get 15" steel rims. If so please share me the link abt where to purchase.
    Also could I use 195/65 R 15 tires with steel rims, as I am planning to purchase alloys next year.
    Thank you
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    99rpm.com
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Can happily change to 15" rims. No issues at all. The Linea wheel caps used to look better than the punto ones. Not sure if those caps are still available in the market these days.

Can use 195/65 R15 tyres - no issues. You will get about 5mm GC increase by doing so.
    envira likes this.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @envira : you can use the steel rim without any issue. but stick to 195/60 as its the right shoe for 15' rim. Get Linea wheel cap.
    envira likes this.
  7. envira

envira Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you buddy, yeah checked that site. but in description they have not mentioned whether they are 15" or 14" steel ones.

Thank you bro, sure would go for linea caps. They are available on 99rpm.com , unfortunately in Vizag we dont have the Authorised sales and service for Punto which is giving us some trouble time. Had to go to Vijayawada which is 400+ kms. Anyways, thanks for the inputs.

Hmm, thanks for suggestion bro. But does the size matter if i have had to change to alloys next year, i mean does it make any sort of difference regarding fit etc. I am planning to buy Continental Contimax tires along with the rims. As my current budget for tires and alloys both is not sufficient and hence going for steel ones. But in next year, as the technician at Vijayawada said there would be a sale in Jan where i would get alloys at less than half price of that of the current market value. Hence planning to buy them at later.

Also i would like suggestions for the tires too. One of my friend recommended me Falken tires 195/65 R15 and i am quite unsure about it as i didnt find reviews elsewhere. They are also priced economically. Currently i am using Bridgestone B290 and i am happy with them. I am a fan of continental, as i use them for my bike too and hence longing to dress them for my car too :)
    Thanks for your time guys. Would be happy to hear from you.
    Good day
    regards
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @envira below is the chart for correct tyre sizes:
    1. for 14'
    perfect size is :185/70-14"
    2. for 15'
    perfect size is 195/60-15".
    3 for 16'
    perfect size is 205/55-16"

if you are planning to switch to 15' alloys next time, you can use 195/60 or 195/65. both will fit correct.
    No doubt 195/65 will give 5mm extra GC, but there is more rubber on the side wall which will add a bit to body roll as compared to 195/60. Go for conti MC5 tyres. great set of tyres.
    envira likes this.
  9. envira

envira Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello buddy,
    Thanks for the detailed info.
    I have contacted 99rpm, but they said only 14" wheels are available.
    If i need 15" steel ones i need to buy the Linea Ones. I dont know whether they fit the Punto good. Hence i need a little help in this regard.
    Thanks again
    regards
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @envira : All the fiat wheels are 98pcd. So you can use any wheel. Take Linea 15 rims. Its a direct fit.
    envira likes this.