1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

change of heart diesel to petrol

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by punto11, Jan 9, 2016.

1. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    hi
    i am a member here ever since i bought my punto mjd'11. its been a great jouney with the punto mjd and the car is in a very good condition. apart from fiats own service center related problems as i am in assam my ownership experience is very good. as i am a mechanic(not auto mechanic) by profession i myself have taken care of all the service of the car and apart from minor niggles all is well. but in recent times my wife has started driving the car leaving me with the yamaha r15 i own and love to ride.since its around four years already with the grande punto diesel and considering the ease of driving and maintaining a petrol we are thinking of the petrol avventura. now we have some points in minds

1. we are fully dependent on outside sources like 99rpm for spares. but they stock only spares from previous generation fiats like grande and linea. so i would like to know if common parts like suspension or steering parts are shared with avventura or any other new models or not.
    2. i have spoken to the nearest dealer at guwahati and they said they will be operational for next 15years or so and will provide spares and if needed will get support from kolkata dealers also.
    now please pour your thoughts guys. our fellow TFIan Dr duttas thread is also tempting me to buy the avventura and exchange my existing punto. from practical point of view an avventura is better suited to our north eastern roads then lineas and evos too. please suggest.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 9, 2016 ---
    actually i am looking forward to buy a fiat here. suggestions are expected. yes i already know pros n cons but still the new avventura compared to our old punto, should i move forward or not?
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @punto11

Hi there!

From all that you've said: i don't see why the hell not? Esp if it's the Avventura by Abarth, or even the mjd90, suits you perfectly it would seem. Dr. Dutta's a partner-in-crime-in Assam, if so! :)

cheers.
    punto11 likes this.
  3. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    I knew you will replay Prabhjot. Abarth is out coz I don't want a turbo charged car purely from maintenance point of view. I am only concerned with how the avvy behaves with na 1.4 fire
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2016 ---
    a car is a hearts decision always and I don't have a mind in fact.she looked so beautiful among indicas and indigos in the dealers yard I just stepped in and then only I came to know that my punto had a diesel engine and it was too late and I brought it home.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @punto11 ! Good to know that your ownership was fine, and you are interested in one more FIAT :)

And as you want a petrol without turbocharger, will advise you to go for Evo Emotion petrol , solely for the security features(cheaper too). Ground clearance of all the fiats , except abarth punto is more than enough.

Keep us updated:angelic:
    prabhjot and punto11 like this.
  5. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    yes evo1.4 is a nice car with great features.what is wrong with the avvy1.4? Will it feel underpowered or a fuel guzzler? I have never driven a petrol fiat so no idea on that. Linea is out we don't need a sedan.so a turbo charged one and high end elctronics too. The avvy we were considering is not purely based on ground clearance only. Somewhere I have read that it has better suspension (more rugged). Maybe better for our potholed roads here.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    1.4 Fire is more Underrated Engine by Reviewers But Not the owners of the 1.4 Fiat Cars. i am using Linea Tjet and i dont think maintenance will be that much of a concern. i mean not much difference it seems fiats are way too cheap to maintain. Avventura Powered by Abarth will be the best option
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @punto11

The 1.4 Fire's a great engine, just that the Avventura 1.4 does not come in emotion trim with airbags+abs, i don't think? Also, the Abarth t-jet is arguably better 'value', since the higher excise duties apply equally to the 1.4 and the t-jet? Perhaps the diesel Avventura remains, then, the one to go for: it will be even more easily/better service-able by you over in the ass-centre-starved NEast, since the engine is so ubiquitous?

cheers
    punto11 likes this.
  8. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    thanks Prabhjot.that's why I asked here. I am not confused but new ideas are coming to mind. My wife wants abarth and you guys are also suggesting it. But that's a monster for me. In a few days mind will be clear and then I will be able to take a good decision. How much is the ground clearance of evo abarth btw?
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Punto Abarth comes with 155mm of GC.
    I think this may be a technical number, as I was able to negotiate a very bad pothole in an Abarth (during TD), where a swift scrapped.
    Swift has 170mm gc, AFAIK.
    And Abarth Punto has a better suspension setup than even my Linea.