1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Change Linea's HU, adding a sub and door dampenning

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by mjumrani, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie

Viny u can check acoustics of any enclosed place by installing a acoustic mike at a tentative center and shooting off a test audio on all speaker locations before finally installing them, which gives u a suggested optimum output for each speaker,,,and yes the freq range differs but hav to be in sync...the above mentioned trick can be carried out via a lappy with pro audio software and 4 usb jacks,,,im no pro at this got it done by a frnd of mine and got some resistant comp units installed on driver side speakers and bal set at 2 left...for a optimum sound stage created for the driver seat...
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

How to add foam as damping. can u elaborate please.
  3. Bonnie

Bonnie

How to add foam as damping. can u elaborate please.[/quote]

high density foam used in furniture has a inherent capabilty to absorb noise, my acc shop guy got it done on my doors and the effect is kinda good, no rattles squeaks, and a better crisp bass response from the comp speakers on all 4 doors no vibrations at all. cost 700 for a full foam sheet 100 to the fitter and 3 hours of patience
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @Bonnie
    If the foam gets wet it would stink + rust formation will be accelerated.
    It's a nice desi way of damping, India have jugaads for everything. :evilsmile
  5. The sub does not seem as important right now. I will get an audition for them to see if I really require them.

Any idea who in Pune is good at setting up the amp as I do not know how to do it myself.

For dampening, using furniture foam is very risky I think, aren't they fire prone?

After adding the amp, the speakers performance, as expected, increased quite a lot. But still I couldn't find much details about the speakers I bought, makes me wonder I I made a mistake buying them...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    setting up the amp is very easy. you need to just adjust the gain and frequencies right. which amp are you having and what are the cross over range tell me...
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    ::OO
    Well I used the acoustics configurations for my home theater to ensure proper/ample gains are added to distant front speakers and similarly rear speakers tuned to ensure that people seating on sofa get complete 7.1 effect. But I am not sure how one is going to do this in car, given that the space is constraint and all 4 speakers are parallel to object. Generally we tune the 4 channels and subs for frequency distribution and then followed by power distribution to ensure a near perfect sound stage. Kindly share your experiences of setting up the sound stage based on your friends acoustical software methodology. If would be further helpful to many of us if you can get details about software and why 4 USB channels where required and further technical indepts

What is "resistant comp units" ? :confused

I dont think normal foams will do much good to sound dampening, yes there are acoustical dampening forms that are used in theaters etc and do good job too. I would not take risk of using them in car, they are bad accumulators of dust, dampness and can be potential cause of rusts.
  8. Will update the thread next weekend.
    Once my car comes back, I will be able to reply faster and accurately.

Sorry for the trouble guys but thanks for your replies.

On a side note, I won't be getting a sub and also I bought Pioneer 7250BT from Delhi. It was very cheap (10k) as there was a price drop by pioneer on the model and I know the owner.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
  9. Got everything done from Poona Motors on MG Road.

Just one problem,

The HU's power is not connected to the ignition key.
    The guy I used said that, trying to do so risks voiding warranty.

If someone has an idea what to do, please let me know.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Your HU should get power from the original HU wiring harness, which is connected to ignition key and fused at 10AMP, same thing powers ACC.
    Check the IS0 A Pin for same.