1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Change Linea's HU, adding a sub and door dampenning

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by mjumrani, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I needed your help in choosing some upgrades. My knowledge in the area is limited so I cannot decide which way to go.

Currently I have a Linea Emotion with stock HU.
    My speakers are Helix E106 in the front and Helix DB6.1 in the back with a Helix DB Four Amp. (Helix is a brand by Fischer Audio)
    Bought all of these from CARAX in Pune.
    I found that the combination I chose sounded the best to me out of the combination of speakers and amps from infinity, RF, etc.

Now I'm thinking of getting a new HU as the stock one does not have USB functionality.

My requirements are USB with iPhone connectivity and if possible bluetooth. Budget for this is around 10k-15k.
    I was also thinking of adding a sub. I've never had a sub in a car before so I really don't know if I should get it or not. But if I do, then the budget is VFM below 10k.
    I was reading in the forum that it is advisable to get the doors in the car dampened. So how should I go about that?

Please give me your suggestions.

2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
  3. Hey.
    Thanks for the thread, but its not helpful as I'm not looking to do it myself.
    Besides there is also the question on the sub and dampening.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

you need not change the stock HU for USB. there are many ways to get USB to play on your unit. on the forum you will find how to plug the usb cable to points behind the HU. Also you can get a 400rs usb, bluetooth, SDcard player which powers from your cig lighter and plays usb by syncing thru the FM frequency on your HU>

as soon as i read helix i knew you got them either from bhandari JM road or CARAX. I had auditioned them. i just hated them. They are very bright and the tweeters bleed my ears. chan chan chan chan what you call.

but again it depends on how a person wants the music to be.

Damping - if your doors are jarring or vibrating while playing the music go for damping. Various brands like Dyanamat , noise kill, bass fx, scosche etc are available. keep aside 3500rs atleast for damping front doors.
  5. ^
    I just found a way to add AUX in my HU. I did not find any relevant information regarding adding USB functionality. Could you give me think if you have seen it?

The FM transmitter has very poor quality, I hate it so that is not an option.

I have been driving my ANHC for a few months now, about to get back the Linea from my Dad. I hope I still like the way the ICE sounds...

Where can I get dampening done in Pune (through someone who knows what he is doing)?
  6. Bonnie

Buddy dont add a sub if u r not a music freak, reason the linea Cabin is highly accoustic and the bass of speakers will contradict the bass cming from the sub and the whole accoustic effect will go for a toss, rather fit in component speakers from Alpine SGH600c suits the HU best at front and SGH600 at the rear, for the desi dampening method get a medium density furniture foam get it cut as per the door panel design put it in and viola ur ICE becomes heavenly, just save it from water washes
  7. I already have the speakers man. And I'd rather go with Dynamat or Wurth for dampening.
    My dad and I will exchange cars on 9th, so I will get everything done then.
  8. Bonnie

helix is not HI-FI its just sharp....good if it suits you, do post pics of the d work on doors and reviews of the same , if possible pls get info on dampening stuff for front & bonnet to reduce the NVH levels further..
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Could you kindly care to explain your logics behind the bold statement.
    I am sure many of us would like to know the acoustical properties of Linea so that we can plan our installations accordingly?
    And I could not understand how the bass coming from Sub would contradict the mid bass coming from speakers? Both have different frequency range to serve?
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

@mjumrani: Could you kindly tell us what are you missing in your sound stage? Why do you think a Sub will make it perfect? A lot of times, people just go by the word of world, without recognizing that its not that what they wanted to get better sound stage and pleasure to ear. Try to figure out what you are missing, can that be handled with AMP tuning, if not then opt for supportive stuffs like sub etc. Believe me a lot of punch can be delivered from some of the good components speakers to meet majority of our requirements.