1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Change in performance as per fuel qty. or quality & at diff. temperature

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by bhai, Mar 26, 2013.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    very well said. Even i have observed this. I always do a tankful from IOC bunks only. Engine feels more relaxed and free reviving, thats not the case when i put BP. To me even HP seems better than BP. But nothing like IOC diesel. Same was observed in my 1.9D.!!!! So, in all in last 6 years i am using IOC diesel only!!!!!:up
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I follow these self imposed rules.
    1.) Tank up at one petrol bunk only. (i use BP). COCO is preferred but if not available try to stick to just 1 bunk always.
    2.) Density plays a good role in both power and economy. Denser the fuel you have more carbons there are to burn and inturn more output
    3.) Tank up after the sun is down or before its fully up .
    4.)Very important :: Keep fingers crossed that you are not cheated!
    1 person likes this.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I have been filling diesel regularly @ HP bunks both in bangalore and on my drive between HYD and BGLR (sticking to same bunks) and i see both good performance aswell as FE.
    So i assume its more of the bunk than IOC, BP or HP.
    And surely filling up early mornings is a good habit :)

I used to fill regularly @ a COCO IOC bunk regularly (before switching to HP) but haven't seen any additional advantage, rather i feel my car drives better with the current fillups!!
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Its really hard to say what is good and what is bad when everything is bodged!! :)
    What i can only say is some are better than others and its only a matter of time and luck that we find a good bunk to tank up our beauties.
    2 people like this.
  5. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    What are the other signs of bad fuel besides the feeling of being under powered (some I googled below)? Can we have quick litmus test for purity of diesel? Are those density meters at the bunks reliable?

1) Black smoke?
    2) Lesser engine clatters???!!!. Its being BELIEVED that pure diesel (adhering to required cetane) gives right bursts during compression resulting into crip and uniform clatters.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Correct! Only MJD change its clatter due to bad fuel.
    More bad fuel more smooth at idle rpm.
    At idle rpm MJD runs like a petrol engine when there is bad fuel.

Geuine quality diesel gives good clattery sound at idle rpm even at full operating temp.
    1 person likes this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I tried HP bunk near J.P Nagar 6th phase.. the engine felt revv friendly and performance was good too.

Only bad thing is, my Dad complained about black smoke and I could feel that uneven clattering sound. Good that I just filled for Rs.200 to check it.

Now tanked up at trusted IOC bunk near Reliance Fresh BTM layout. Yet to check the performance but somehow, I would still say, IOC diesel suits best for the Multijets :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Imran
    Loyalty of bunk doesn't depend on oil company.
    As we say " there is no caste & religion of terrorism"
    Adulteration & corruption can be at IOC like mine state.

In your area officers & bunk owners of IOC may be loyal than HP & BP
    So you might have better quality fuel at IOC bunk.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @bhai about the corruption I don't have anything to say.

I am sure there are such nonsense bunks in Bangalore too, but I choose to fuel only from the reliable bunks.

Since I felt the engine behaves well on IOC and a couple of others too feel the same, I would stick to IOC and not take chances ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys, in my opinion, instead of sticking to a particular brand be it IOC, BP or HP its better to stick to a particular bunk of any brand. Usually COCO bunks of all three are very good. adulteration can happen at bunks of any brand which are not company owned.