1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chandigarh to Delhi: 8th May. Meeting TFIans.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by PaddleShifter, May 6, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

whats happening guys, ny updates.....ny specific plans !!!!!
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys, so it has been decided that Dilip, me and Vijayant sir will reach Elegant Motors (Samyak Motors) by around 9:15am. So that work can be started as early as possible.

Samyak Motors Pvt. Ltd.
    206, F.I.E., Patpar Ganj Industrial Area, New Delhi- 110092

09:15am onwards

Hoping to see y'all there. :D
    It might be till 3-4pm by the time all work is finished.

@Dilip & @Cubbie- Plan after the Elegant motors meet is undecided. Lets see if we get time to hangout. I have to pick my parents and go back to Chandigarh the same day so it would be quite exhausting for me.

P.S.- Ansal's T-JET has got even hotter with new mods.

Patpar Ganj.jpg
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    All the very best, have a nice time and explore among yourselves towards the popularity FIAT.
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Very eager to meet all u guys ...

Der is a mall just opposite to Elegant Motors ,we can hang-around der for sometime ... The best part of that mall : its just adjacent to a maruti showroom ,it would b nice seeing them scratch their heads to see so mny fiats ..... Of course if time permits ...
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Met my brothers at Delhi and got armrest for Fiat Punto

Finally I have reached home. Driven around 600Kms today between 5:00am to 7:30pm.

I have got th Linea armrest installed in my Pnto besides meeting my TFIan brothers from Delhi NCR region.

Part 1: Chandigarh to Delhi
    I started from Chandigarh at around 4:42am and did a lot of fast and furious driving touching a top speed of 145Kmph (Note- I was driving with my parents on board).

The NH from Chandigarh to Delhi has lots of diversions and I just loved to execute some high speed maneuvers. Reached Delhi at around 8:30am and dropped parents at the ISBT after eating a quick breakfast. Vijayant sir guided me to his place where my armrest had been resting for the past 1 month.

Part 2: Awesome breakfast and legendary driving, touchwood
    Now, Vijayant sir met me at a flyover along with his son from where he took the keys of my Punto and started driving towards his place.
    I used to respect Frank Martin from transporter as one of the best drivers I have seen until today. :D

My heart was in my mouth for the entire time Vijayant sir was driving through tight corners. He drove Punto through such tight spaces where even parking sensors would burn from overload. I can't even drive my bike in such tight parking, courtesy, the "n" number of cars parked on the roads.

After that, I had an awesome breakfast at his place. I wish I had space in my stomach so that I could continue eating more of it. :up
    Finally we picked up the armrest and started our journey towards Elegant Motors, Patparganj Industrial area.

TFIan Dilip_Dmk had already reached Elegant and was waiting for us.

Part 3: Meeting the FIAT and FIATians vertified best SA in India

Well, I have read about him at BHP, TFI and other forums. Someone wrote in 2008 on a forum that someone from FIAT had recommended this SA as he is the best at what he specializes in.

The name is Mr. O P Sharma. He is a very senior and knowledgeable person. Just seeing him was enough for me to get assured that our cars is going into safe hands and nothing wrong can happen.

Both Dilip and I got Linea armrests installed in our Puntos. Additionally, I got my engine oil replaced as well as I was still using the factory filled oil and had clocked 8000Kms with it. I, too, believe that first oil should be changed after run-in or clocking 5000-7000Kms.

Part 4: TFIans gathering at Elegant Motors
    So, the lit comprised of:
    - Axn
    - Ansal
    - Dilip_Dmk
    - Ichimaru
    - Karan Sharma
    - PaddleShifter
    - Nitinkumardba

Varoon was busy searching for a new home while Shashanknathani did not turn up as he had some personal work to attend to. We were there till 2pm and Sharad hadn't turned up by that time.

It was nice meeting all the funny guys after so long. BTW I was targeted by everyone as the subject for leg pulling. :p

We talked a lot about FIAT and FIAT India besides comparing FIAT cars with others. We checked out the mods done by Ansal. His car now sports "Coupe" badges on both sides just near the side indicators on the front fenders besides Manchester United goodies.

Someone talked to us regarding Punto and we guided him, thinking that he's Sharad :evilsmile as he was ?expected to come at around 2-3pm in case he gets free after getting his Swift serviced. Later on, we found that he was someone else who had come here for getting his Indica serviced.

Part 5: Abrupt end to the meet
    We were planning to hangout and get something to eat when I received a call from my parents that they were sitting at the Kashmiri Gate Metro station and were free. So, I decided to leave immediately as the Delhi temp today was north of 40 degrees.

Special thanks to Karan who guided me all the way back till ISBT. Thanks Karan.

So, finally I left for home. Attached are the few pics that were clicked. Armrest pics will be uploaded in the Armrest thread later.

Pic1- Saw this very long truck. 4 guys were sitting at the rear. Their duty was to scream and scare anyone who dared to try overtaking this truck.

Pic2- (left to right): Nitinkumardba, Nitinkumardba junior, Ansal, Ichimaru (Aniruddh), Karan Sharma, Dilip_dmk

Pic3- Karan, whats up buddy?

Pic4- All smiles

Pic5- No comments

Pic6- I was driving when my father asked me to take rest while he took over the steering. I saw a Chevy Cruze zooming past us just as my dad started driving. I fell asleep after a few minutes and woke up a good 10 minutes later. All of a sudden, I saw this Cruze rocketing past us again. I asked my dad if it's the same Cruze and how did came from behind when it had zoomed past us at full speed 10mins back while we had just slotted the car into 2nd gear.
    My dad told me that he had overtaken the Cruze and The Cruze was left behind. Normally he drives at less than 80-90kmph. :p
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice yashik bro,

apologies for not making it there @ elegant....was really held up with that hunt for good house but till day nothing i liked...seems like all buddies had nice time together....
  7. Axn

Axn Regolare

Thnx Yashik, it would be pleasure to host you anytime.

Thnx for some real nice words abt my driving but it is mostly because the experience of same routine min twice a day for last so many years. I hope all is well with your armrest.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Dear All, Its nice to see your snaps again, brings back the India Gate Meet memories.
    The long truck... i saw it or a similar one (May be its the same, considering the speed it travels 20-30kms per hour) on my way to Vadodara from Pune. Its almost more than a week now...
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

:danceGuys, me too enjoyed some pakoras at Mr. Vijayant's home sometime back. Yummmmmmmyyyyyy. I've to again someday :) soon.

@Yashik, yes, AXN is really an excellent driver. When I entered to that road first time, I could not belive that Vijayant's Punto has to go through this tight road every day and there is no scratch on the car. Just superb driving skills.

Baad main to main bhi kai baar ja chuka hu us road pe... mere bhi skills acche ho gaye hai. :dance :clapping :rage
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ paddleshifter please post some pic of armrest