1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Certified OK--> Droolworthy. Orange Avvy is Home !

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Abhishek Paranjape, Apr 29, 2015.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats.. Welcome to FIAT family. Enjoy ur rides & drive safe. Have a happy miles ahead.
  2. Abhishek Paranjape

Abhishek Paranjape Novizio

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    yes, it outperforms most of the vehicles out there. especially downslope.
    1 2nd gen verna which just overtook me started to look shaky on the long-sweeping 180deg turn just after khandala. i overtook it, rather swept past it and by the time the turn was over i had opened up atleast 4-5 seconds on it, enough for the next stretch of road to hold it back and then pull almost 10secs on the next sweeping hairpin. it simply didn't have the stability to maintain same speed on the curves.
    same thing obeserved on many curves, most of the vehicles slow down my a margin. i had to let the throttle off for a second just to enter the turn and then i could push it back..
  3. rj.031086

rj.031086 Novizio

Gurgaon, New Delhi
    Gurgaon
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hey many congrats for your Avvy. Pls let me know the accessories you've got fitted in your car. Also can v have driver arm rest fitted?
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hi, while it is a bit off topic, That is one of the more dangerous stretches of the E-way. While you expect that your car has the technical wherewithal to negotiate this and the further ghat sections at high speed, one must err on the side of caution always. So next time, we should back off from trying to prove any point to the shaky Verna, the shakier Xylo or the leech like BMW. Better to be safe and let others bear the discomfiture - if they feel so.
  5. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rj.031086 - i have OG Avventura Mudflaps fit in the car and small things like a mobile holder, a 12V 2.1A charger, 70% front sunfilm & those flimsy window blinders. I am not sure about the arm rest. I would want to try an arm rest before i think of putting one in my car.
  6. rj.031086

rj.031086 Novizio

Gurgaon, New Delhi
    Gurgaon
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    How much did the sunfilm cost? Also pls do post some pics of your Avvy.
  7. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rj.031086 - the sunfilm is local made. cost me 900rs. the shop had some better stuff i guess but costing 3.5k
  8. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Some beautiful snaps from my travels in the Orange Fury !

Pavna Lake, Near Lonavla, Pune
    1933186_10153900272884623_2234503618526351764_o.jpg

Chikaldhara, Maharashtra
    1531725_10153900291214623_8482197476188111079_n.jpg

Melghat Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra
    12376081_10153900292454623_7277038760817898303_n.jpg

Pench National Park 10303760_10153900292474623_1536870477265409023_n.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2016 ---
    Update after 9 months & 13000kms of driving.
    The vehicle is Hands down probably the best vehicle south of 10 lakhs in terms of driving pleasure and fun.
    i have faced zero problems except few small niggles such as tyre puncture and some door squeaks.
    1 problem which i definitely feel worth mentioning is Tailgate. The wheel does vibrate a bit on bad wheels, but the rattle noise is not worrisome. if you drive with windows rolled up, you won't hear it ! once on my drive back to mumbai, the arm went loose and failed to lock back. i was facing this issue sometimes, but this time it didn't lock even after 10-15 attempts. I had no option but to go under the car and check if any solution is available till the time i return back.

SOLUTION !!

Under the car one can locate the latch where the arm slides in and locks. The latch has a wire and tensioner attached to it. Make sure that the tensioner has not gone loose. Secondly make sure that the wire which runs through it has no loop/s. These loops reduce the tension between the loop and the latch, thereby nullifying the latch effect. Release the loops and tighten the tensioner if necessary. The arm should lock back normally. I didn't have to go to the service centre to get it fixed !
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 28, 2016 ---
    1 more incident that happened with me-
    i accidentally remote released the boot and left the keys inside and locked it !
    Location- Korai Gad, approx 20kms off lonavla
    I had to call RSA to open the car. RSA was a bit slow to respond and arrange the help. But they eventually did it and the person who came to open the car, did so in just 15mins. no harm done. no warranty issues. Happy Me !
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2016 ---
    for some of my more association with Fiat Cars, do check the following thread
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-calender-2016.15509/
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Tron, asimpleson, prabhjot and 9 others like this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Wow!! Nice pics especially the orange looks stunning against blue water and sky background.
    Also against the twilight.

IMHO, it is impossible to lock the car unless the keys are outside, can you explain how the car can be locked without key?

AFA, spare wheel rattle is concerned, FCA is replacing some rubber part & the lock too under warranty, please check my ownership thread, after the replacement, rattle issue is solved permanently.
    Murphy_Fiat and Ravi_M like this.
  10. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Seeing great pictures of FIAT after some break. The photography thread is somewhat inactive these days!