1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Certified OK--> Droolworthy. Orange Avvy is Home !

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Abhishek Paranjape, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Congratulations. Make sure you keep the plastic cladding polished. I am told the shine wears off soon enough.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Abhishek Paranjape

Abhishek Paranjape Novizio

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado - no the emotion doesn't have sensing wipers.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2015 ---
    update after 3.5k kms.
    i slowly started to load the engine after 2k kms. the Power band obviously is a delight to drive in.
    the FE is around 14-15 in city with AC. on highways it gives approx 20 with light foot and approx 17-18 with some rushing around.
    Mumbai to Pune on Expressway was the worst w.r.t. FE since i never eased off the throttle going to a top speed of almost 170kmph when i ran out of room.
    there is no specific problem which can be observed and the car runs buttery smooth as such. The AC seems a bit underpowered and will get it checked at 5k kms servicing.
    In all the avventura has definitely made drives more fun, comfortable and enjoyable to ride
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2015 ---
    @acechip - thanks for heads up. yes the colour has faded a bit, looks more like dark gray now and not black.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    abhinav_nani likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I read somewhere that one can can apply black Kiwi /cherry shoe polish to the black part of the bumper & claddings.
    Abhishek Paranjape likes this.
  5. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    i am thinking of using MIN Cream to clean and give a shine to all black parts and then will try what you have suggested.. sounds good though
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @Abhishek Paranjape
    That's one drop dead gorgeous crossover.

Keep the updates coming and upload as many pictures as possible :)

Wishing you many happy miles with the Italian lady in Orange. Take good care of her :)

Drive safe!

Cheers
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Abhishek Paranjape Driving at 170 anywhere in India with any car is potentially dangerous and stupid. I am sorry to use tough words but as a responsible forum bragging about such speeds should absolutely be not allowed.

If you still feel like doing it I would suggest browsing the accidents section in the friendly horse forum. You might change your mind.

Raj
  8. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Raj_pol - i definitely understand your concern about 170. but you can rest assure that i did it on a open patch where i had no vehicle behind me for over half a kilometer and fortunately i had an open straight patch after lonavla across malavli station. the second i saw a vehicle in front of me, i let go of the throttle and by the time i caught up with the vehicle i was at 130.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Abhishek Paranjape

How's the Avvy on the sharp turns on the Pune E-way? I know it does have the same genes as the Grande Punto, but did it perform as required? Did you at any point in time feel understeering?
  10. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Just saw this thread now. Sorry for the late response. Congratulations on the purchase of the Orange beauty. Very imposing presence on the roads. Please ride carefully as this car really hides the speed by being so balanced.

Regarding keeping the plastic cladding looking black, I suggest you try Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant. You spray a little of it on a cloth and rub over the plastic. It brings back the new look again and also repels water and dirt for a few weeks. I got this through trial and error and finally discovered that 3M Car Care outlets use the same spray for plastic claddings.

Good luck and wishing you many miles of happy driving.
    Abhishek Paranjape likes this.