1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Certified OK--> Droolworthy. Orange Avvy is Home !

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Abhishek Paranjape, Apr 29, 2015.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @abhishek-paranjape,please accept my envy.Enjoy the ride.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Abhishek Paranjape congratulations for bringing Avvy home and one helluva long drive on first day itself!!
    Pic was superlative!
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Finally the thread is here, had been waiting for long.

@Abhishek Paranjape

Heartiest congratulations on getting home the head turner. Riding 500 kms+ to get the beauty is a brave attempt in itself plus you tested the car thoroughly in the long drive before registration. Getting the registration done on your own without greasing palms is another feather in your cap. This shows that things can be done if one has enough patience. Did you get wide eyed stares at the RTO when you presented yourself during registration? I am sure there must have been some few popped out eyeballs during the process.

Now that the exhausting process is complete, its time to let the 90 horses loose. Time to enjoy the Avvy. Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

A few more pics of the beauty - interior and exterior esp the spare wheel opening mechanism would be expected from you.
  4. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congratulations Sir. Post more pics of the orange Avvy :)
  5. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi
    Hi Abishek,
    I am Gokul from Chennai.
    Planning to buy Avvy emotion around July.
    The quote I got from the shoroom is around 9.45 Lakh.
    Just browsed net and found CSD to be Canteen Stores Department.
    Please guide me on the same.
    Will I be able to buy my car the same way.
    I work in a Private IT company. Am i eligible?
    Regards,
    Gokul

Sorry sir Got to know that CSD is applicable for Defence officials.
    Wish u a Happy milesahead:)
    Tornado likes this.
  6. Abhishek Paranjape

Abhishek Paranjape Novizio

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    its been almost 35days riding the Car.
    just crossed the 2k mark 2 days back.

i can now try and rev beyond RPM slowly as per recommendation of few members here. haven't really got the chance to go above 3.2k rpm for more than few secs as of now. but i can definitely notice the sudden rush of acceleration offered by the MJD above 2k rpm when revved hard..

after a month, i can safely say that i am truly satisfied with the car except for 2 minor niggles- rear fog lamp is not working, centre left AC vent doesn't slot in required angle.

i also happen to hear a vibrating noise when over potholes when no one is sitting on rear seat. There is also squeaky noise possibly from the thremocol kept inside the tyre well.

The FE hasn't been very kind to me- 12-13 in city with AC and 15odd on highway over the last month.
    prabhjot and oxom like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Abhishek Paranjape

Just on the small chance you aren't aware: there is only one rear foglight on the Avventura/Punto Evo, the one on the right. The left one is in fact the reversing light.

Your mileage will improve as you get to know the gearing-rpm-torque-spread better. Also, the engine will open up by 10-20% after a few thousand kms.

cheers, happy that you're enjoying the car and are satisfied, you must attract lots of 'nazar' on the road, eh?
  8. Abhishek Paranjape

Abhishek Paranjape Novizio

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot - yes my knowledge belonged in that small chance. i didn't know about this adjustment of the lights. now i understand why my mom screams about 1 light not working when i reverse. anyways i use the parking lights when reversing.

otoh, how and why does FIAT not give the rear-left fog lamp too. Ridiculous. just ruins the symmetry of back look !

ya i hope the FE will improve as i get used to the shifting patterns.

the car attracts lots of NAZAR !! even today my town has seen only 1 Avventura. So people not just look, but many a times slow down/speedup, run parallel, stop to see which new model are they seeing. i sometimes feel obliged to park the car and let them have a detailed look ;)
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @abhishek Paranjpe

The rear light thing: it is a universal convention followed on ALL cars in Europe apparently, that's why.

btw, Many popular Indian hatches and crossovers (eg, the great, 'superbly equiped' ...er 'Elite' i20 doesn't have one at all in the first, though i may be wrong: perhaps on the topmost expensive variant?)

cheers
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congo bro,

Rattle that occurs from unloaded rear seat is from the left side lock meant for locking the backrest. One firm attempt to lock it properly after fully unlocking & folding the seat forward should solve the issue.

Rattle from spare wheel gate occurs due to faulty lock of the spare wheel gate, a proper setting by FASS or free replacement of the lock under warranty solves the issue.

One question to all Avventura owners : does Avventura Emotion come with rain sensing wipers?
    prabhjot likes this.