1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Certified OK--> Droolworthy. Orange Avvy is Home !

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Abhishek Paranjape, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Abhishek Paranjape

Abhishek Paranjape Novizio

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    _ARP1213.jpg
    Having driven a Fiat Uno for last many years, i was sure what i was buying !
    Booked the Avventura Emotion on 31st of March via Bhaskara Fiat, Ahmedabad.
    Got it delivered on a week late on 6th April. Drove it back to Dombivli, Thane, Maharashtra on 7th April.
    I would not only be giving my views on the car but also my Buying experience via CSD and the RTO hassles thereafter as a possible help to someone who is willing to buy through CSD and get it registered personally.

1. Drive Experience etc.

I had the Grand Experience of Driving from Ahmedabad to Dombivli which is ~535kms on the 1st day itself. Having driven my old Uno and a friend's GP, this drive was a definite step up.
    right now it more than 1.3k on the Odo and its been a Pleasure driving this beast.

The car handles exceptionally well. Staying under 2.5k RPM didn't allow me to push the car much, but it was fun driving at 90kmph and getting scrutinised by every overtaking vehicle !
    This Beauty is meant to generate looks- total Droolworthy !

The Air-Con unit might be a bit off or probably its just me.

The broader tyres do have an impact on noise levels- Tar roads are no problem. as soon as the tarmac turns to concrete, the noise levels are pretty audible even at 80clicks.
    The fatter tyres on the other hand offer superior grip especially during lateral movement on unbanked sweeping turns.

Fuel Efficiency was a respectable ~23kmpl with AC all through on the the highway as reported by the car readout. I expect this to probably reduce a bit when driving speeds and RPM exceed 100kmph and 2.5k resp. City efficiency ( bumper to bumper) is not really anything to brag about @ under 15kmpl with AC.

Adjustable seat height is really nice. Not used the Tilting Steering till now.

Opening the boot is cumbersome because of 2 stage opening and closing. The Rear mounted wheel has a little bit of rattle on bumpy roads but nothing to worry. It also gives an extra safety aspect. The addition of the Arm also reduces the load on the hatch itself which helps non-healthy people lift it easily :p

2. Buying experience.

Bhaskara Fiat/ Bhaskara Automotion in Ahmedabad has a Genuine GM in Mr. Nitin Gupta.
    He was the only person who gave me regular updates on possible CSD listing/pricing right from December.
    I just deposited INR 20,000 to his account as a booking amount ( 7000 Handling + 5000 NIL depreciation Insurance + 8000 refundable. ) on 31st of March. I had to go to Ahmedabad to get the delivery and he assured me of the same on 6th of April. I finished my CSD work by late afternoon of 6th April and landed at his Showroom to see the car getting ready to be delivered.
    All the documents were kept ready and i just had to hand over the purchase order from the CSD.
    Getting Freebies was not easy at all !! Just managed to get Free genuine Mudflaps and Footmats after grinding talks till 2145hrs.
    Mr. Nitin assured me of giving the CRTEM and TC number by 12 the next day while i would be driving on my way back. I managed to travel till then with all Extra copies of unstamped documents and Insurance paper.
    All in All The buying experience was a breeze and Mr. Nitin did all he could to suppress all my doubts/queries and unnecessary banter ;)

3. CSD, LBT, Entry Tax, RTO

CSD procedure-
    -Apply for Special Car sanction. Approval comes within 15-20days usually. Application must be in Inked duplicate and 1 has to be retained to give in CSD depot. Approval page must be downloaded from Indian army site and retained for CSD purpose.
    -Get Serving certificate from Unit. Also get INDENT form. For PBORs Commanding officer has to authorise a letter confirming min. 15yrs of service and Financial status of Personnel.
    -Get availability certificate from dealer and Quotation.
    -Take Xerox copies of all possible Defence IDs ! Main ID, Grocey Card, PAN, Aadhar, Voter ID.

-Carry all Original copies to CSD depot.
    -All originals are verified and Xerox sheets are attached to main Application. Paybook ( only for PBOR ) has to be submitted in original. ( returned with the Purchase order after stamping.)
    -The Entire procedure on the seems simple enough but takes a good 90-120mins or even more depending on the mood of the person at the counter and on which side of the lunch break you reach the counter !

-----

LBT is exempt for Defence personnel- had a letter from the Serving unit supplementing the fact.
    Entry Tax is also the same for Defence personnel. Although to get the entry tax NOC was bit troublesome. Finally got the same on 16th April without paying a SINGLE rupee in the Sales Tax Office, Kalyan.

-----

The only problem i faced was with the RTO. the agent i hired started demanding extra money. so i got back all the documents from him and went ahead with the procedure myself. ( I did pay him a little for the work he had done- form fees etc.)

The RTO inspection officer expected me to back down and bribe him to get the work done ( individuals face this trouble most often). i didn't budge a bit. 3days after filling the form and paying form fees i finally got all the signatures and stamps done.

I made the payment on 17th april in SBI as per the new GRAS system which came into effect of late. This payment didn't reflect in RTO account till 27th. The cashier who gives receipt of payment came with up late payment charges, which i promptly denied to pay, since I had made the payment 10days back. I got the below mentioned email printout duly signed by the Dy. RTO and handed it over to the cashier. I am now waiting for my Registration Number to arrive which will be communicated through SMS.
    ( The GRAS system involves Dealers to have a TAX ID with RTO and pay accordingly. Since i am an individual i didn't have a Tax ID and hence the payment did not reflect. This bug in GRAS had been noted down by the Maharashtra RTO and all local RTOs had been informed- An email w.r.t this had been given to me by the I.T. dept. in RTO Kalyan.)

Final Status- got everything done legally without paying bribe and now just waiting for Number to arrive.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Abhishek Paranjape .Hats off sir to your perseverance.

Good to know we can still get our work done without bribing.

And congrats on your new Orange ride. I guess both KTM and Fiat should copyright this color.

Looks very individualistic.
  3. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Just a question... Why did you go all the way to Gujrat for getting the Avvy? Balaji Fiat/ Torrid Fiat is there right?
  4. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @kk27
    as i mentioned in my post, i got the vehicle through CSD. Balaji and Torrid Fiat were not even ready to give me proper CSD pricing and stating that nothing more than 20,000 would be the final benefit.. Bhaskara Fiat gave a quick and proper response.
    i forgot to mention the final cost of the vehicle which comes out to be
    vehicle cost ex CSD 737304 +
    DD charges to make payment via CSD 3200 +
    to and fro Ahmedabad ( stay food, fuel, toll ) 8,000 +
    RTO charges in Kalyan 93,055 +
    Misc ~2,500
    Total- ~8,45,000/-
    this gave me a benefit of over 1,30,000/- over the normal retail price and probably saved more than ~1,00,000, had i believed Balaji/Torrid and taken from CSD via them.
    GirishRaghu, Tornado, ghodlur and 3 others like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Abhishek Paranjape

Ah the perks of being an Army(?) officer! None greater than the chance and the 'balls' to drive 500+ kms from the showroom itself, in black-on-Orange! ;):cool:

cheers! to you, esp for your modus operandi vis-a-vis the RTO. Though i bet even you'd not have even considered doing any such here in Delhi NCR.
    Tornado and sandipan_r15 like this.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Abhishek Paranjape, congrats on your lovely ride. #Respect for getting it done without a bribe. First drive itself being a long highway drive is cool.
  7. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot - actually my maternal uncle is in Navy. got it on his name.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    acechip, sandipan_r15 and asimpleson like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Avventura home. Definitely deserves a proper photoshoot.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Avventura.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Need,Review,Compliance,Testing,Approved, Certified = Happy Customer. :)
    Congratulations!!!
    Happy Miles with more smiles :)