1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central music console (HU) query

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Lenny, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Lenny

New Delhi
    Hi ppl!

Thought the 'In Car Entertainment' topic set is where my query should go, hence I've posted it here. (Though it could be under 'Technical' too, I guess) :confused:

Anyway, I have steering mounted controls, from where I change CD songs, FM radio stations, etc. It's cool and I have no issues with this.

BUT, my problem lies with respect to the central instrument console HU (pic attached, area highlighted with arrows and circular dash). The thing is, if someone is sitting beside me and wants to change any song currently being played, he/she cannot do it through the central console. The left/right/up/down arrows don't work. As a result, I have to do it through the steering wheel controls.

How do I activate the central controls, without hampering the settings of the steering-mounted controls? :confused: I've tried all the menu settings but in vain. Please note, my ICE is still factory fitted, I haven't upgraded it or tinkered with it.
    Hope my query is understandable/clear. PLEASE HELP...

P CIC.jpg
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Ouch! I had typed a long explanation but it didn't upload. Here is the shorter summary again..

Lenny, are you playing music via USB when this happens (tracks can't be changed from head unit)?
    When you play music via the USB, the tracks are being played by the Windows Media Player of the Mirooft Blue&Me operating system and hence head unit controls have no role in changing tracks. Media player takes input from steering mounted Blue&Me controls.

If you are playing music via CDs/FM, you can change tracks from steering controls as well as Head Unit.
  3. +1 paddle shifter.

Now type that long explanation again please...
    Want to read your literature
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Bang on..... Paddle Shifter....
    Its not a bug its a feature.... it safegaurds the driver's song choice by disabling the co-passenger override through center console....
    so play songs from USB and make ur wife listen to your songs... :D

I like it :D
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

^^ :D :D
    You forget WIFE RULEZ...try fooling them around and you would soon come too how you have been fooled your self ;) :p
  6. Lenny

New Delhi
    @PaddleShifter: Thanks a ton for ur short, timely and precise explanation, though I quite agree with Srikaratluri - it's always a pleasure to 'read your literature' as he aptly mentioned.

@sid_10000: "so play songs from USB and make ur wife listen to your songs..." +1 LIKE :)