1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking Issue Resurfaces.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Dhruv_Sappers, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Hi Team,

I need your insights on this issue. The cars central locking mechanism failed on 28th August. The front Right Door was closed but it kept indicating that it was open on the dashboard. We got it replaced from the Fiat Service Center in Akurdi Pune. The Left Front Door lock was also a bit of a wiggler that time but the technicians said it is good enough. So it was left untouched. Now that lock has given way too :( . This is a situation of immense inconvenience as I keep travelling outside of Pune where secure parking is not available. Now since the issue has reoccurred I have this at the back of my mind that something might give way.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What they did to fix right side door? I guess some connection problem, and looks same with left side. There is no way but to get it checked and corrected at service center.
  3. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    They said they replaced the lock set for the right door. That is what was mentioned on the bill as well.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Door locks failures is soon turning out ot be Fiat's Achilees heel. The poor quality makes the locks prone to malfunction. If the left front door is showing signs of malfuction, better to get it replaced ASAP so that you continue with your journey with a peace of mind.

In my 15 months of ownership, 3 locks have been replaced already and all 3 different.
  5. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I can understand how painful it must have been to get it done thrice in just 15 months. I am at Sky Motto at this very moment getting it replaced. Hopefully everything now runs as good as it is expected out of the vehicle. Thank you for your help team!!!