1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central locking in Punto 1.3 MJD EPK

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by sharadverma, Jun 11, 2011.

1. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Hi,

Just want to understand that in Em PK key less entry is available but there is no security when it is compared to central locking like buzzer etc., Is it possible to get buzzer installed in EM PK.
    My requirement is if some one opens the door force fully with out key then it should buzzer, as a security feature.

Friends help required

Sharad Verma
  2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    sharad,

PDI ho gayee?
  3. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Ya bro it was great checked each and every corner of it, everything is ok
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sharad- There is no buzzer but the car's security system is quite safe. It has a rolling code system called Fiat Code System (FCS) with engine immobilizer. The database of FCS is maintained at Turin, Italy and that is the reason why the Desmodronic Foldable Key of Punto comes directly from Italy in case someone wants a duplicate after submitting the security card containing the unique code for your car.

Regarding after market buzzer, it is possible to piggy back an after market locking system onto the inbuilt system of cars like Civic (owner of the other Indian automotive forum has done it in his Pre-worshipped Civic). But I am neither sure nor recommend doing this in a FIAT car.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You can try getting the Autocop/Minda central locking fixed on the existing system . But it wouldnt be safe .. Can create problems in the future .
    BTW , Fiats have a tamper-proof immobiliser and rolling code .. So , u neednt be worried abt it ...

Which color have u decided on ? Meet u soon .
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Sharad....

So tom is the d-day....congrats buddy and always drive safe....CONGRATULATIONS
  7. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Thanks, I have chosen BNW color. I only wanted buzzer to keep my goods safe which are inside the car, I am confident on fiat car sefety, as earlier some one has stolen my laptop bag from my swift as he broke rear door glass amd then open the door. I only wanted that if some one opens the door without the key it should buzzer
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Was the swift that was broken had any after market alarm? One of my friend says that thieves know some method of breaking into the car even the with the alarm system in place.
    Anyways I have got this Xenos CL in our M800 installed last year in May and it has been giving lots of troubles. I would strongly advise you to avoid these CLs with the Emotion/Emotion Pack variant. Those are understandable with the Active/Dynamic variant.

Keep your stuff in the boot, besides using those sun shades that can be "suction mounted" on the inside of the glass. That way it is not easy to see what's lying inside.
  9. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    At that time there was no security installed after that I got xenos I think u are right I should keep the stuff in the boot

Please suggest some good sun film for side and rear glass
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    3M offers very good sun films. There are Llumar and Garware as entry level options. Vkool is top of the line and quite costly. My knowledge is limited so I leave the rest on experts.