1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking for my Punto active 1.3 multijet

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by gevp20, Sep 26, 2014.

1. gevp20

gevp20 Timido

Hi There Team,

This is my first thread on this new exciting website.

I am due for my 1st service tomorrow after doing about 3,500 km in 6 months. There has been an on-going problem with regard to central locking which was occurring on more than 3 occasions. The door actuators have been changed under warranty 3 times. Finally, the problem till this stage seems to have been solved.

I am very tempted to look at the option of getting remote central locking done from a convenience perspective however am very sceptical of the success rate. Do you this its worth getting it done assuming this central locking problem should not spring up.

Your inputs would be appreciated.

Gev Patel
    Anup likes this.
  2. Devender Verma

Devender Verma Timido

New Delhi
    I am using auto cop central locking for the past one year on punto active and its working pretty well. It came preinstalled from a dealer. Anyways its not available outside at local stores and might cost you around 12k at company sevice station.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Gev, first of all Congratulations on your new car..
    I would suggest you against going for Center Locking as Fiat has provided the basic one, I understand it is frustrating for you to go with the same complaint but to that I suggest you to write a strong email to Service@Fiat.
    If you really have a unsafe neighborhood then please go in for genuine accessory, again it’s because of Warranty issue and tomorrow if again your actuators fail then Fiat will change it, but if you get it done outside it is a problem.

my neighbour has a Active varient and he's gone with genuine center locking as part of discount and what i've personally heard from him is it's good, basic function is all good.