1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking Clarification

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by gopscreative, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After unlocking the car with the remote,you opened the door. AFAIK once the door has been opened the car wont lock itself automatically.:confused
    either the central locking system of 2010 cars differs from 2011 or it was caused by the aftermarket remote system.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

^^ Sounds like after market central locking system. Some of them do lock the car, even if you open the door, but do not turn on ignition

1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I had AutoCop Central Lock Installed in my Alto in 2008 and it came with Auto window roll up feature. Since Alto does not come with power windows, I had got AutoCop power windows for the front 2 doors. It was pretty cool feature IMO.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    It is surely the effect of the aftermarket remote that you have got. As others mentioned, the door never gets locked itself when you open it once.

Fiat RSA does not charge anything for this service. They open by removing the window beads and using some lever.
  5. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Yes, aftermarket remote is the culprit. It locks exactly at 1 min. At that time , if any of the doors open, it wont try again. If key is inserted into slot then also it wont lock. Also if we open through key directly, it won't lock. On that day by mistake i closed the door exactly at 59th second :( If it was 2-3 seconds earlier, I would have opened the door immediately, or if 2-3 seconds late, it wouldn't have locked.
    Out of 100 ways, in only 1 way we can lock the car with key inside , and i'm able to hit that on that day :( . Now unless im carrying luggage in hand, il try to open the lock via key only :) Also i'l never forget to carry additional remote with me (additional key is with the bank where i took the loan).
    Is it possible to change this behavior of the remote? I don't want it to lock by itself. I guess its of Autocop, anybody has idea?
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  6. royj

royj Esperto

I had Autocop on my Santro. It had some settings that could be changed using the configuration switches on the device. Autolock was one of them. Check the manual.