1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking Clarification

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by gopscreative, Nov 17, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Your are absolutely right sir. My Bad, I was thinking in the perspective of the Punto which does not have a boot Open button on the remote. So one has to open the driver door to use the Boot Open latch (In which case the driver door will lock on it own) or use the Key manually to open the Boot door.

Again, for a Linea, it's possible to screw up i guess. In either case, i absolutely agree that one has to carry the spare key atleast when doing long drives (And make sure it is in a safe place in the pocket and not a bag inside the car ;)).
    1 person likes this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This is correct, Car will get locked automatically within 10-15 sec. I have encountered this couple of times, if I forget to lock the car, Fiat takes care of my Car :). Thanks to this feature.
    1 person likes this.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    It doesn't exactly get locked when you forget Suman. The auto locking occurs only when you unlock the car and do not open the door within 20 Secs.

If you forget to lock the car after you get out of it, it does not auto lock and will remain open for ever.
  4. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It does get locked only if you unlock the car using remote and failed to open the door to get in within 20 seconds. sorry for :eek:fftopic .New puntos/ lineas have power windows with delay function and remotely operated power windows (i heard so) .Is it possible to incorporate the same in old puntos/ lineas?
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Mine is a 2012 Punto 90HP, and there is no remotely operated power windows function.
    What do you mean by power windows with delay function (sorry my bad that i dont know about this feature)?
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it means we can operate power windows for one minute even after we shut down the engine and take the keys out.
    I think after locking the car with remote and long pressing the lock button must close the windows if it was opened
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I have punto 2012 dynamic and long pressing of lock button does not wind up the power windows

And yes windows operate for some time after taking the keys out from inside before you open the door. If you open the door and close it the functionality gets deactivated.

tasting the Italian delight!
    1 person likes this.
  8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    my bad.. i don't have any hands on experience on rolling windows up with the help of remote key. I remember reading somewhere about it.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, You are correct Vignesh, I am partially wrong. I checked the auto lock just now.

1. If you are getting out of the car, and forget to lock the car, Car will remain open. Auto Lock will not happen.
    2. If your Car is locked, You are trying to unlock through Remote Key, and unlock it. But forget to open the car. This time Car will get locked automatically.

Now tested in Open Laboratory ( My Flat's open Car Parking area). :)
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

I was in a similar situation while in Waynad, Kerala, my relatives place. My car came with manual central locking, but remote I got it fixed later. It was early in the morning @ 4.30, I opened the door through remote, to pick up some items, didn't notice that my remote/key fell on the front passenger seat, which i usually tuck it in the right side pant pocket. Closed the door, immediately they are locked. Luckily I had to travel for next 3 days in a bus since it was marriage party. In that time, I told my brother to courier only the remote from Bangalore :D Otherwise even I could have called RSA.
    By the way how much they charge? How they will open?? :)