1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking Clarification

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by gopscreative, Nov 17, 2011.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    What you wanted to say is 1.2 Dynamic came with manual central locking . You have installed remote only correct? Even i have 1.4 Dynamic which came with manual central locking, automatic door lock , I installed remote later , but i never faced this problem.
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3

Kiran i have sent u my number.. check notifications
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,
    Few points from me.. myn is a active model jun 2012.. do knw abt the dynamic

1. It comes with a central locking (Manual) without remote.
    2. I got remote (Autocop) installed on it.

Answers:
    1. The Auto cop central locking (Default from FIAT) one cannot lock/unlock the doors from inside or with Engine on with the key this is a feature not a bug.
    2. The door gets locked automatically (2-3 sec) even with the doors open, i checked with TASS and called Autocop service/dealer and inquired again its not a bug.
    3. All doors including the boot have sensors and door open flashes for all the doors when open (including boot).

Thx.. Surya
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Surya,
    here one should be carefull of removing the keys all the time when he/she gets out of the car ?
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Point to be noted.. Always keep keys in hand
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    When travelling outside or far from home and the door gets locked by chance with key inside.. pls follow this tip it works:

1. Call anybody at home from mobile.
    2. Keep your mobile close to the door.
    3. Ask them to operate the remote to open the door :)
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please give a name to this technology :D
    I'm thinking how it works:confused:
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This may not work in all cases, the cellphones work at different frequencies and the frequency with which the remote works may not match or will fail to transmit the radio waves to the destination..
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Are you sure? Please check it out for yourself: standing outside, unlock the doors using the remote, but don't open any door; the doors get locked automatically after a few seconds, if they remain unopened. It's a security feature discussed in many threads in TFI, but not mentioned in the owner's handbook. It happened to me, when we were in Jaipur. Early morning, I got up, washed the car and decided to shift some item from the boot to the inside of the car; so, I unlocked the doors using the remote, opened the boot using the remote, did the blunder of keeping the key-fob inside the boot after taking out the item from the boot, closed the boot, and as I was nearing the rear door, the doors got automatically locked. The key-fob was inside the boot and the doors got locked automatically. It's a different story that I called FIAT RSA and got the doors opened after a few hours.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is a very popular folklore, that has been doing the rounds from as far back as 2001. I have never ever seen it work.

This is absolutely correct. If one uses the key fob to unlock the car and the boot, opens the boot, but does not open any of the doors, the car will lock itself. All said and done, it is always a safe practice to carry the spare in your wallet, at least when going on long drives. God forbid, something like this happens in some remote location, one is going to be stranded on the roadside with a locked car, till RSA arrives. No matter how efficient they are, they cannot magically appear at the location and will have to drive down from somewhere and that will take sometime :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.