1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking Clarification

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by gopscreative, Nov 17, 2011.

1. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Hi Guys,
    I have fitted Central locking on my Active Variant.I have some questions.Please clarify.
    1.When my vehicle is in OFF condition(Key knob in off position), after 4-5 mins the doors gets locked automatically.Is it correct mechanism?
    2.When the vehicle is in OFF mode and even a single door is also open for 4-5 mins, Doors gets locked except the opened Door.Is it correct?
    3.I get open door indicator only for front two doors, What about Rear doors?
    4. When I lock driver side door from inside , all the doors get locked. This is correct , but if some one opens the door from rear and then closes it , how to lock it again as my driver side door is still in locked condition.

Expecting quick answers:p
  2. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Grande Punto 1.4
    If you have bought the OEM central lock then
    1. No the doors will not lock automatically, doors only lock automatically if you had unlocked them and didn't open any door for some reason (in 30seconds).
    2. No, all doors should be closed properly to be locked using auto/central lock
    3. Probably its like the power windows, only in front(not sure).
    4. It should lock, it locks itself single door/other doors, after crossing the speed that you have set. And i would not recommend to unlock the drivers door and lock it again to lock all doors, unless the car is in stationary position.

Grande Punto 1.3
    Dude ... i too have same questions..:)
    Actually there is only one sensor installed on Driver side Door.. i guess i should be installed in such a way all four doors and boot have sensors.
    The technician told me that the sensors could not placed on all doors because they have to drill seperate holes. ( On Driver side ..hole to accomadate Sensor already there ).

Here are scenarios happening in my car.

1. if driver door is open and i press Lock Button... the Siren gets activated.
    2. if passenger door or Boot is open and i press Lock Button, All four doors get locked inspite of
    Passenger door is open ( NO SIREN gets Active in this case ).

Can any Active Owner can throw light in this regard..??
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Yes it is Autocop central locking branded by Fiat and fit at Tata ASS itself.
  5. @gopscreative

The quarry you posted on #1, its a general features of Auto Cop Central Locking System, the same I am using in my Wagon R, I don't found any difficulty in this.

They fitted only one door realy in driver side, being manual central locking is available in Wagon R / Punto Active. When it locked, automatically all doors will be locked.

When ever you pull the hand break, all doors will be open !
    When ever you off the car, all doors will be open !
    When ever you reverse, the buzzer start sounding !
    If you forgot to lock & went away, after some time (never noticed) all the door will be locked automatically.

Are you facing any problem in this ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

I never faced any of the problems u have mentioned.But leaving the scenario 1 all other scenarios mentioned in my post are quite worrying!
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@gops: i think this is a widely discussed subject here @ TFI. the CL installed by TASS in differnt Puntos do behave differently, and we still do not know what makes it so.

In my car, if you unlock using remote and if you do not open the DRIVER side door with in one minute, the CL will get activated and all doors will be locked again.
    If i lock the doors using remote and if I try opening the door using key, alarm will go off.
    If I put the key in ignition, after few seconds, all doors gets auto locked.
    I have not much checked about the door ajar alarm.

The only way to lock the rear door, in your case, is to push the leaver from inside.
  8. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

@Anoop, Rear doors gets locked once i push lever from driver side. But if someone opens the rear door and gets down , after that it doesn't lock automatically.Again i have open driver side door and push the lever.Have you faced this kind of problem?And more over usually in most of the cars, Driver has the control to unlock or lock all the doors!!
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@gops: Yup - unfortunately, that is the way to do it. If the rear door is open and the passenger gets out, there is no way to re lock the door unless you open and lock again using driver side lock leaver :(
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

@Anoop,Thats bad!!! what about Door open indicator?You get it for rear doors as well?