1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking/Airconditioning Replacement

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by ratanshivi, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Good to hear that your issues are sorted out.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Any change noted in terms of mileage???
  3. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hi Abhie,
    I installed CL in my active about couple of months back form FIAT dealer. But believe me, it has very basic features as listed below, so think twice before spending around 10K.

Feature available
    1) Keyless Lock/Unlock
    2) Car Finder ( blinkers )
    3) Central Lock/unlock at drivers side ( inside car)
    4) Central lock/unlock only at drivers side (outside)
    5) door open alarm on dashboard ( driver side only), this is also available without CL -
    6) door open alarm - when you lock the doors with the help of remote from outside if any of the door is not closed properly it beeps 4 times. not available when you lock the car from inside

Features missing and useful
    1) Disable unlock from doors unless unlocked from drivers end. this is to ensure you(driver) have the control.
    2) Door open alarm - this is weird, when locked from outside using remote it can sense the open door but not if locked with key
    3) co passenger side - if you lock with key from co passenger side only this door is locked.
    4) you can not open in silent mode with the remote

Check my post Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active? at http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=845&start=10
  4. royj

royj Esperto

2) You are not arming the lock when you lock with key. The locking system needs to be armed for the alarm to be active. The Autocop system installed in my previous Santro worked the same way.
    3) Central locking function is not implemented on the driver side door, not sure why, but this would have the converse effect of unlocking all doors when the co-passenger door is unlocked. I personally wouldn't like that to happen.
  5. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)

Today is the day I am going to fix the Air - Will let u all know the results!!!
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ SP one feature you forgot.

7) Radio Frequency Lock out (Remote is disabled when the key is inserted in ignition)
  7. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey !

Guess what guys - I havent managed to fix the AIr modifications still

And another sorry story the Fuel efficiency has dropped of my car from 12/l to 10/l after the A/C replacement and the car tends to cut off when cold which never happenned earlier!!

Damn these guys!!
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

You mean AC cutoffs?
    I didnt notice any change in fuel efficiency as of now, probably because its winter.
    Summer will tell the real story, I still dont feel the AC being any good to start with, yes in long run it does manages to hold some cooling, but for sure it doesnt give instant chill effect, which even my nano does :)
  9. chandu

Navi Mumbai
    I got the AC kit replaced during the last month at Fortune motors Nerul. The job was completed in just 8 hours and the car was delivered at the right time as promised. :wow . This was done along with the 2nd free servicing.
    When i started driving :steering , i notices the following
    1. The Car is smooth and pick up feels better.
    2. The chillness in the car is better during the evening and cool days.
    3.The milage seems to have gone up by a KM.

I was driving in the afternoon in Mumbai and the car AC was just not cooling the car, i drove for alomst 1 hour but there was no cooling at all, i was sweating at the end of the journey. My observation is that the AC is working properly as it gives chill blows in the evening early morning. So there might be some leakage of external air into the cabin which might reduce the cooling. I sometime also notice the outside smell comming inside.

I ll be going to meet the SA this weekend ans lets see what he has to say.

10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Do you have sun-films installed in your car. Actually Punto's interior is Black and the material is of quality which easily absorbs heat and stores it... So in hot summers it is too difficult for the AC to chill the car... A suggestion would be use a reflective polish on your dash board which reflects heat and doesnot let your dash absorb heat easily.

this might help as it helps for me... Leather polishes are good reflective polishes if used on plastics dash..