1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking/Airconditioning Replacement

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by ratanshivi, Dec 18, 2010.

1. amolmane

amolmane Guest

In Active model you get Follow me Home Head lamp,Adjustable Sterring & Power windows.So no need to angry because of absense of C Lock.

Get a Central Lock whih is specailly made for Active model. Don't go unauthorised after market C Lock.

Unauthorised after market C Lock has dangerous feature of Lock by Ignition.

Possibility of getting lock & key remained inside. :devil
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I completely agree with Amol here.... I have the aftermarket one installed (Autocop) bcoz there was not any available from FIAT then (an year back)... The aftermarket one's do get auto-lock, if you leave the key in ignition mode and get out of the car... :uh

Other than this it is working fine...
  3. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Update on AC upgradation on my GP,

It took them two days for those buggers to get my GP to the shop-floor. Reason? They wanted to get the confirmation from - God only knows who - that my car 'actually' needs upgradation. The mechanic told me its roughly 6 hours job so he may finish some of the work today and balance tomorrow. But he was still not confident if the car will be ready tomorrow.
  4. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    hey guys... 3rd day and they have not yet given me my car back...though they have given me a test drive Linea to use! The SA states he does not know when the new kit will come . They had told me they would let me know this morning... But still no update inspite the fact that i called ithem this afternoon... The ass SA keepd saying that he will call but does not and when i call him he keeps saying i was just about to call!!! I am just waiting to scream my guts out when they are ready to hand over the car back to me...

My gut bad feeling came true afterall... The only c
    onsolation is that they have given me a car to use or i wud have killed some one!!!!!!!!!
  5. amolmane

amolmane Guest

If dealer has given you Spare Car for use,then you are lucky. OR are their close relations with Dealer ?
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Ratan, if the kit is not available with them then why the hell they are keeping the car with them? :confused

My anxiousness has started turning in to a 'BIG WORRY' by now. :sadblue :sad1
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Hi Ratan sir ,

My advice , its time to get the FIAT management in the loop and also CC the mail to Customer Service Rep from the ASS .
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Ratan Sir,
    I also agree with Gautam... It is always safe to keep FIAT in the loop especially when the car is in the service camp for a more than two days...
    By no means these Tata service guys are trusted....
  9. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I got my car today eve. :car No idea about the effect of AC as whole Mumbai has got the effect of AC now a days. ::V Will come to know when I keep her under a hot Sun for couple of hrs.
    Here is the break up of the work (with the price)

1. Kit cooling Module - Rs. 7027.56 - Under Warranty
    2. Kit AC Punto 1.2 - Rs. 2832.00 - Under Warranty
    3. Compressor Oil - Rs. 1777.78 - Under Warranty
    DENSO-8 (R134-A)
    4. Hose Clip Small - - Rs. 8.00 each - qty - 2 Nos + VAT
    5. Hose Clip Large - Rs. 10.67 each - qty - 3 Nos + VAT

TOTAL Amt paid by me - Rs. 54.00
  10. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!!

Finally Got My Car Back from Wasan Yesterday late afternoon. The Guys gulped the Quarter tank of Gas in My car! There is a Rude Scratch above the Right side front Tyre. 7 Days later they polished the Dashboard and the handles in front of me after I was screaming..The car service must have been done on the 1st day I guess after they completed the service so Had tons of Dust on it, which eventually they cleaned with a WET cloth. Guess what - The Credit card machine refused to work and they could not swipe it, though my debit card did work. Immidiately later it worked at the Gas station.
    Then the Nightmare started the SA asked, begged Pleaded me and requested me to enter a Good Rating for him. I did give him a 10 in all the fields as I know what that Really means in the service Industry. Immidiately they Promised me a Full Wax Polish for which I need to take the car back to them on Saturday.

The Performance:-

The only noticeable difference under the hood is the New Radiator the and Fan and multiple Hose pipes.
    The Cooling is a little better but most importantly there are some other Really Noticeable differences

The Pick up is much better and The car is definately much smoother:-
    My guess the ECU has been upgraded after the Replacement
    Secondly the Oil and Filter has been changed so it could be beacause of that too.

They Had left my Rear Seat unlocked and was ratlling on the way back which I fixed myself.

Overall a Bad Nightmare but the after effect the car came back in a Good Shape!!

Now it is Time to Install the AIR modifications and check it though I am a Much happier man after the service!!