1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Locking/Airconditioning Replacement

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by ratanshivi, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Check out my Letter!!- Will keep you all posted on what transpires and the experience.....

It will be highly appreciated if some one can really help me!!

I am looking out for the Central Locking for My Fiat Punto Active 1.2 Petrol Version. I have gone through trying to get it for my car in major Circles.

I called up Wasan at Malad and they told me that they do not have it in Stock. Secondly they said that I would have to pay 50% of the amount up front for them to order it for me. The gentleman I spoke to said that I would have to get in touch with the person who had booked my car, and that only he could place the order for me.He also Quoted Rs10,300/= inclusive of taxes for the Kit. I explained that I had bought the car from Concorde Worli, it was pretty far and that since I stay in Malad it would be easier for me to reach their Showroom.He said that he would confirm with his seniors if Wasan could place the order for me and revert, but till date have not heard from him.

Then I called up Concorde and spoke to Mr. Rakesh Thapper who had helped me book my Car and he said that I should speak to Mr. Tanpreet and gave me his Number. I Spoke to Mr. Tanpreet and reminded him that I had spoken to him a couple of months earlier and that I was looking out for the Original Central Locking system. He also stated that it was not in stock and that Wasan was supposed to receive the Stock. He said he would acquire it from them and revert. He also said the price is Rs 10300/= and that it would take 2 days to fix it. I explained that My car is about to complete ONE YEAR and would like to have the central locking fixed, the servicing done and the Airconditioning changed as Informed by the CEO on our Visit to Ranjangaon. I also explained to him that Bhandari in Pune had only charged Rs 6500/= and it took 6 Hours to fix. Also told him that on the official Fiat website the price quoted was different.

I have attached a snap shot of the price quoted on the website for your purview which clearly indicates that it is priced at Rs 8490/=. This kind of information is very alarming and is setting the wrong expectation with the customer/consumer.

The Only reason I am not availing of this product from the local market and I am chasing the Original one, is because I have an Extended Warranty and would not like to Void that under any circumstances.

It will be much appreciated if I can get the desired Assistance -The central locking should be fixed, the airconditioning should be replaced and the second service should be done in one go, under one roof and should not get the run Around.

Regards,

Ratan Shivdasani.
    MH 02 BP 2965
  2. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Dear Ratan

Dealer may have indicated price of Rs.10430/- with installation cost. Installation cost is Rs.1500 to Rs.2000/-
    depending upon class of cities.

If the price is without installation cost,dealer might have Old stock (Old price was Rs.9990/-

Iam also thinking to install to my MJD Active.

But I will install after solving my problem of poor acceleration & Poor Torque. :thumbs down

if the TATA guys are not successful to solve my problem upto the end of warrantee, then I will sell out my MJD in Aug.2011 because of bloddy performance of my MJD :A

What is use of making updation expenses on a such slow & crowling car :A

If you want to know,Please read my thread " Loss of Power"

Please feel free if you have any doubt about Central Lock . You can Call me on 9922957301
  3. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey!

I totally agree with you on the power front!! It sucks Big time.. It cheeses me Big time specially when you need to overtake when you are in traffic...Not planning to change my car for a while so I am going to try some Modifications that will not be heavy on the wallet!! Moreover everyone states that they have felt the difference after changing the Oil and the Oil filter which is actually due for my car as my car will be completing one year next month on the 5th with 8200klms done.

They have offered an AC upgrade for my car and I am going to request an upgrade of the ECu mapping too. Let's see what happens and then will take it from there.
  4. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guess What!!

I guess after this email that I sent finallly Some one form Wasan Called me and said that they would do the Aircon Upgrade for my car. I told them that the car needed to serviced too, so they said that it would be organised and that they would also let me know when to drop the car. But still no answer though after that. I also requested them of they could get my car picked up and the Lady said she would revert in 5 minutes ... BUt no call yetr since the last 7 hours...
  5. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!!

My car is still with Wasan at Kandivali since Tuesday! They were supposed to give me the car today but were unable to do so as the AC upgrade that they were fixing in my car gave way and the Gas happenned to Leak. They have stated they would take another two days as they would have to procure a New Kit as the stock was over.

Somehow I had this Bad Feeling that The New kit would ruin my car and now they have run into this shit

Guess what One Good Thing though:- After Haggling a Bit and losing my cool kind off on the SA- they have given me a Linea Emotion to use till they fix my car!!!

Guys it feels good to have the replacement butthis car has done 14,063klms and it feels that the car will just fall apart. The suspension has been raped inside out and I can hear sounds from each and evry corne of the car.

Any ways I will remain Paranoid till I dont get my car back safe and sound!!

Another shit is they want me to give them the car again for one more day to fix the central locking - Unbelievable!!
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    hey ratan, make sure they just dont replace the faulty parts in the already damaged kit that they were trying to install in the first place.

The Linea emotion that uve been given, is it like a TD car ??
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I too have given my Car to Fortune Thane On 29th Morning. I was told that they can finish the job in a day but I got a call in the eve saying that they will need 2 more days. I was busy in a meeting and did not have time to ask why its getting delayed. Now after Ratan's post - about 'bad feeling' I too have become anxious. I could not call back yesterday, but I think I should pay a surprise visit to the Service Center today to find out more details.

Why it should take 3 days to replace AC?
    1. Proper training was not given by FIAT. - The possibility seems to be remote, as we know FIAT themselves come up for replacement, obviously they must have given thorough training to TATA Engineers.

2. Training was given by FIAT, but TATA Engineers could not understand a thing and they are 'experimenting' on our cars. - This is really scary. I've already started thinking why I've given my car for AC up-gradation. :uh

I hate to conclude this - But every move FIAT is taking to improve in India - TATA makes sure FIAT goes in more trouble. :hit
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Its not more than 5hrs job, out of which give 20 mins goes to Gas refill and 30-45 mins to ECU reflash and testing.
    The pics that i have posted about are of the stuffs that get replaced in Punto, these where thrown out and new parts where placed in against them.
    Looks like monkeys are playing with your car, taking 3 days.

On a side note, yes FIAT AC kit packages has issues, the kit that my dealer received for my car (Linea Emotion Pack) contained parts of Punto Emotion pack instead of Linea emotion pack, where as packaging said Linea Emotion pack :duh
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    Ratan

If you are Die hard fiat fan,then you have to bear these all pathetic ASS/Waiting for Spares etc.

"LOVE IS BLIND"
  10. aovalekar

aovalekar

Mumbai
    We have purchased Punto Active early NOV month, We are following up with Galaxy Motors Mulund West, they promise us that some driver will pickup the car but no one has come as yet. The after sales response is pathetic. We just wanted to get the central locking installed.
    Kindly guide me if Central Locking can be fixed outside i.e. any car accessories shop?
    I read about actuators, can this entire assembly purchased outside (some oem parts) along with auto cop?
    Kindly advice on cost on getting central locking fixed in Punto Active.

We never thought that central locking would be a problem with FIAT (why the hell central locking is optional). Shame!
    Regards, Abhie