1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Central Lock Failure

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Dhruv_Sappers, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Hi Team,

I am really distraught after the issue repeating itself for the third time with my vehicle which is just 7 months old. The right rear door is locked but the MID shows that it is open which prevents the central lock to function. Also the beep keeps reminding the same while driving. The same issue was repaired at the FASS on 25-08-14 for the Right Front Door and 30-09-14 for the Left Front Door.
    I am unsure how does this keep happening. Also the auto play off is activated but the music player turns itself on automatically when I switch on the ignition. I have finally written to the Fiat Customer Care.
    Can someone tell if this is an issue with the vehicle itself or am I doing something wrong.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    For point 1 change FASS . If going to sky, try pandit once @Dhruv_Sappers .
    Regarding second point, I guess you have emotion variant with blue&me.
    If yes, how do you close your system. Did you give voice command for turning off music whenever using usb port. If not, this is the mistake you are doing.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I too had the same problem with driver side door last month, the problem was due to actuator failure,it was replaced and the problem has not surfaced again.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Regarding the door lock issue, visiting FASS is the only way out and since your car is still in warranty, any replacements will not cost you. I can understand the inconvenience but you will have to bear it. Even I had 3 locks out of 4 already replaced in my Punto, I had written to Fiat regarding the quality but yet to get any satisfactory response.

Regarding Autoplay function, if you set the Autoplay function to off before inserting the USB, then it wouldnt start automatically every time you switch on the ignition. You must be trying to switch the Autoplay off after inserting the USB, hence the issue. Quoting from B&M manual.

5. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Thank you everyone for your responses! I have taken my vehicle to Jay Vijay and they say the problem is now resolved by replacing the door lock motor itself. I am going to collect the car tomorrow and check how things are. Will use all the instructions for the Music Player issue! Thanks a ton team!