1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Caution : Skoda Fabia might be discontinued

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cubbie, May 18, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    There are horror stories of some more brands on Google. But the blatant claim that Fabia is most definitely defective car is a little far fetched. One of my friend's dad drives Fabia which is closing in on 1 lakh kms, as far as I'm aware of he was never stranded nor the car is struggling with niggles.

Its another matter that Google provides horror stories about Fiat too, so would you call our Fiats too as most defective?

PS:

I am not defending the Fabia, neither do I claim it to be most reliable.

One can still claim any car to be the most defective as one is entitled to it based on their perception.
    3 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Discount on Laura too ! Will discontinue for new Octavia ?

Had been to Skoda showroom last week with a friend who was fixated to buy the Rapid. There we were informed that Laura was being discontinued and sold at discount of Rs. 2lacs! :eek: to clear existing stocks. The sales guy said Rapid was their bread&butter :) model and therefore they are very aggressively giving discounts and addons on that too. There have been some new upgrades to their top end Rapid model as well.

Within Hatchbacks Fabia is one car that I like the most after Punto. Compared to other cars the placement of various parts 'under the hood' was particularly uncramped atleast for the diesel, which I liked the most.

As far as Fabia is concerned I would like to know the most 'prone to fail' things in a Skoda Fabia Diesel, as in commonly known defects etc. and does anyone know it's real world fuel average in city traffic and highway conditions as well?
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @nkrishnap

Agreed other brands do have horror stories.But Skoda fleeces its customers like anything.One can rather call it daylight robbery.After Harish kanchan's case (hope all are aware of what he's goin through) I've totally lost faith in German brands.It's like you buy their cars and then "hey!! it's your lookout to get serviced" Why?? Just because your in India and our laws are not so stringent one can take full advantage?? I really do not support buying any german car in India at present.And i've successfully warded off many of my friends from VW,Skoda,Audi,BMW's etc.First they should change their attitude towards indian customers,respect our law and then sell their so called german technology.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    All manufacturers who take for granted Indian Customers or even Indian market will face more problems in future. That is for sure. If the growth in India and other developing nations is steady they will have no option but to stand up and take notice. Inspite of any bad stories about Skoda and others, Skoda especially was the only brand that arrived just in time to fill in the gaps between non-luxury and ultra luxury brands. Let's acknowlege that for the sake of thousands of Skoda customers who had the opportunity to buy cars like Octavia and Laura when they had money for Mercedes Benz and still thought statuswise it would be an overstatement to buy one. That way they could experience premium cars to an extent without spending on Mercs and BMWs.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This was an ad campaign by an individual Skoda dealer (IIRC it was Vadodara dealer) and not from Skoda India.
    Reliability was not an issue with Skoda cars at all, the Fabia like other Skoda models was built like a tank. The horror stories were mainly because of the dealer attitude when it came to service and spares management that made people believe that Skoda cars were unreliable.

The dealer can make or break a brand and it is upto the car manufacturer to ensure that such dealers are pulled out of the network. One rotten apple can force the customer to refuse an entire good basket.
  6. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    wanna correct u that skoda is a czech company not german.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I thought of correcting him, but to be precise, it is a Czech company owned by germans now. Like Jaguar Land Rover is a British company owned by Indians :-D
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gaurav & asimpleson

Im very much aware that Skoda is a Czech company now owned by the germans,hence i directly pointed towards the term "bloody nazi's".To add to the fact, Skoda has got a very bad reputation in europe and russia.My only point whatever it is,Luxury,premium brand etc the attitude of german manufacturers towards indian customers are really worse.They are taking the indian consumers for a royal ride.Now it's upto you whether you wanna enjoy the ride or suffer throughout your ride :-D

@ghodlur

A slight correction.Yes it might be the dealers fault or so.But why is the company washing it's hands off?? It should take complete responsibility for the dealers actions.In harish's case, Skoda could've done a out of court settlement by giving him a replacement or by waving off the bill he was suppose to pay for not his fault.Guy's it's 5yrs now,still the case is in court and all hearings are falling on deaf ears.Why?? Just because it's India?? Why should we be always taken for a ride?? Think!
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

After sales may be bad,but just one drive in a Laura/Octavia TSI or even a 2.0 TDI DSG,will make you forget the after sales.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.