1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Caution : Skoda Fabia might be discontinued

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cubbie, May 18, 2013.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Skoda mulls stopping Fabia production in India :confused:

Skoda mulls stopping Fabia production in India - Business Today - Business News

It is the end of the road for Skoda Fabia as sales crash - The Economic Times

Czech car maker Skoda on Friday said it is considering stopping production of hatchback Fabia in India as it gears up to introduce new models.

"Skoda is in the process of strengthening its model range and as a part of this process, Skoda is contemplating a pause in production of the Fabia in India," a company spokesperson said in a statement.

The company's immediate focus is to strengthen presence in the sedan segment with the upcoming launches in 2013-14, the official said.

"The Rapid in India was the first model launched as a part of our global 2018 growth strategy and we are happy with its performance. We expect future launches to further complement our market share," the spokesperson said.

In the recent times, sales of Fabia has been declining drastically in the Indian market.

According to Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Skoda sold just 3,343 units during 2012-13 compared to 14,936 units in the previous fiscal, down 77.62 per cent.

Currently, prices of Fabia vary between Rs 5.03 lakh and Rs 8.14 lakh. These prices are as per the company's official website and are for ex-showroom, Delhi.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

LOL. Whatever happened to their "Buy a Rapid, get a Fabia free" (after 5 years) promotion!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  3. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

unsold Fabia should be available even after 5 years :D:evilsmile
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  4. They will come in new fossilized version with a tag ''take it on your own risk'', this might even increase the resale value ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Any idea if any known person purchased a Rapid under this scheme?
    I ask bcos, when i checked with a bangalore dealer they were suggesting its a marketing gimmick and might carry certain clauses protecting the dealer when it comes to end of 5 years... Otherwise it doesnt make sense, they even went t.o mention that it might be an exchange rapid for a fabia at end of the term etc etc..
  6. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    hey just saw a new fabia consits of new skoda logo and emblem.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ya Fabia with new skoda logo & emblem was caught testing in january by IAB Auto Site.This car might be the one which is produced before August 31 when the company stopped Fabia's production in India.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Better late than never.They must've realised it was the most defective car on road!! They have good cars, but their attitude towards India and Indians are nothing to speak off.I hope they pack their bags soon.Bloody Nazi's :-D
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Any pointers to the claim that the Fabia is the most defective car. It certainly is not selling well, but is it so bad to be called the most defective car?
    2 people like this.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @nkrishnap

Google is your friend.Some horror stories are on one of the most reputed automobile forum,just search through.And one of my fellow friend, who's car stalled in the middle of the road.Diagnosis was total hydraulic failure.He sold it after getting it repaired and bought a WagonR :)