1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Caution! Beware! of Thugs! Thieves!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cashier, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Like you I am not sure of the 92% hampered visibility, but I think it is more of PANIC then it is to do with visibility, and at night we definetly require a clear and clean windscreen, so if someone throws a egg or for some other reason something that hampers even a small part of visibilty, the driver instinctively will turn on the wipers and if that is not helping or making matters worse, he will side the vehicle and get out himself to clean the screen, and that is what these THUGS are waiting for.

2. Research may be done by the Thiefs and they have come up with such a technique. And the Emails are circulated by te thiefs, so that to make sure the driver doesn't use the washer and wiper, so he/she hits somewhere and stops the car and they can loot the belongings easily. By this way they reduce the escape probability :evilsmile
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I keep a knife handy in door pocket (usually to cut fruits while driving but always keep it sharp) as well I have a wooden log kind of baton (as my Dad-in-law running a ply-wood factory, they used to roll the tree stems and the lowermost part will be let off, It looks like a baton) under the rear seat (reachable on the hand move from driver or passenger seat), I drive with a feeling of safety.
  4. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    A Fake Pistol maybe handy, exposing the butt tucked inside your trousers ;-).

5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why a fake one? May be an air-pistol will do as it is not a classified fire-arm, but there is cost factor to acquire it.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Surely we can afford it, but the thing is, it can load only one shot at a time, it will make a pretty mess though if fired at close range.

7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am not saying tat these types incidents dont happens. Perhaps, the "you have hit my bike/car" was quite common in Bangalore until recently. I think it is less these days.
    A few years back when I was working with Cisco, one employee was coming to office from HSR side. The Sarjapur road fly over was under construction then. When he stopped at the signal, a bike came from behind and started hitting the rear of the car, saying "you have hit my bike and my brother is seriously injured." He contined driving and somehow entered the service road to Cisco. The two guys on a (black)pulsar followed him till the Cisco entrance and then gave up.

I have heard about such incidents from mostly empty stretches such as whilefield road, koramangala innner ring road, and certain areas in HSR. Best is whatever you see on the road, dont stop your car or lower the window. It may be a fake accident or something like the above story.

Doesn't mean I dont have sympathy for my fellow beings on the road, but my safety comes first.
  8. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are some air-pistols available with magazine load too. You can search for them. It is available at some affordable cost (3k-5k). Pellet reach up to 6 meters or more too available. In close range it really harm the person but usage of plastic or rubber pellets will do purpose.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Carrying weapons is not a very good idea. In the unfortunate event of you being overpowered/outnumbered, your own weapon can be snatched and used against you. Best thing to do, do not stop. Just keep going and if the suspects give you a chase, call the police or drive to the nearest police station.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The weapons are just to make you feel brave. I definitely don't suggest to take the weapon out in hurry as automatically it always is a two sided blade... It may be used as a scare-crow in exceptional cases...
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013