1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Caution! Beware! of Thugs! Thieves!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cashier, Jan 19, 2013.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I m having exactly the same thing :Mini HD DVR Camera Camcorder with Viewscreen for Car Rally Sports Action - HDMI | eBay
    but this one claims to have HD video recording, but mine doesnt have (got it for 2500, 1 year back), its just vga cam, acceptable quality, can note number if we zoom it !!...anyhow we are not using it for making videos, just for our own safety..
    There is a separate car DVR thread here, discussions regarding that can be done there : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-accessories/578-car-dvr-3.html
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I don't have one.. yet. varuntr apparently has one installed. I saw some on eBay.in for sale, but difficult to get specs like view angle and sample day and night time videos. I have noticed that the ones that compress to H.264 are more expensive than the AVI ones for good reason as the AVI files will be HUGE.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    each vid will be 5 min duration, which is 136 mb, the viewing angle is pretty good, the entire windshield , there are some vids posted in car dvr thread by royj, which you can check...will upload one soon..
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Don't have idea about this thing its been there for long time and happens in isolated areas and dark roads in the night...

eggs-windshield.jpg

IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR , DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER, BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS. THIS IS A TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS..
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    @Cashier the stretch between the Bus Depot and WEH has a massive slum on both sides. The road also narrows considerably here. Must be the residents from the slums trying to make easy money. I'm always careful around slums as any minor touch to anybody and the whole slum will come down heavily on your car since you are apparently "rich". Needless to say the slums they live in are two stories high and have had dish antennas from before the time of DTH cable!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Nice man, but how to remove the egg splash from your wind screen.
    That way you can drive on for some time but not for long.
    Tell us the remedy also.
  7. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

BTW, If you have an android or iphone, there are apps that could make your phone double up as a DVR, with a choice of codecs/formats.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Arkin, can you suggest some apps? Am planning to put a cradle in my dash of Punto so I will use my android phone as DVR.
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I have these 3 apps installed on my phone. I suggest you download all three, try them out, and use the one you like.

1)Dailyroads voyager
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dailyroads.v&feature=search_result

2)Autogaurd Blackbox
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hovans.autoguard&feature=more_from_developer

3)Autoboy Blackbox
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jeon.blackbox&feature=search_result

There are a few apps, that I've used, but they don't work too well (on my phone?).
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Arkin. I downloaded the DailyRoads Voyager as it looks simple and lightweight. Will check the app with my android.