1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Caution! Beware! of Thugs! Thieves!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cashier, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Must read

Read this. its Alarming..!

"While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts
    running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it... waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

" Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too."

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 100

AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR , DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND
    RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Be safe.
    5 people like this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    another incident i saw in HVK Fb page, shared by one sen gupta :

An incident to share.
    I was passing through Berampore (200kms from Kolkata) and was stuck in a traffic jam. 2 guys came in a bike n parked their bike in front of my car and started telling 'yes this is the car'. Then one guy came down n told my looking at my car registration number that i have hit a person behind and that person died. So i have to go to the place with them. I denied the fact as i have not hit any one but they were stubborn. Then my dad got off from the car and told those guys lets move on to the police station. Then suddenly those guys started telling no we think this is not the car that may be a diff car and they fled away. We went ahead and reported the case to a traffic police ahead and to our surprise he told us few guys have started these kinda extortion type of business to extract money. When they r asked to go to police station they run away.
    So friends who r traveling in this route please be careful.

One more reason for all to have CAR DVR in their cars. When i bought one after i learnt it the hard way, everyone around me were making fun of me and, but now, everybody wants it for their safety purposes after the recent incidents and are running behind me for getting one..
    1 person likes this.
  3. tfiat

tfiat

Coimbatore
    Be intellectual always, never be emotional or sentiment.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    There are a lot more incidents like this being reported. Beware !

tasting the Italian delight!
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
  6. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    same kind of incident had happened to a colleague of mine.

Time: approx 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm

Driving a Honda City on the extreme right hand side of road, which is thought to be safe generally for driving, my colleague was driving home with a friend of his, 2 guys came on a Bike, stopped besides and rear rider showed his hand bleeding accusing of my colleague of hitting him with the car thereby causing injury, my colleague ignored and started driving those guys pulled their bike in front of the car and would not budge, when my colleague did not get out of the car, they started banging on the bonnet, kicking the doors, broke the mirrors and damaged the Windshield, the friend of this colleague took out the camera to record this, which is when they suddenly jumped on to the bike and dashed away, the incident was reported to the Police.

The damages were in the region of 12K.
    Guys this happened when there was traffic on the road. We should note that they were afraid that they would be captured and identified in the Camera which sacred them off.

7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    JVLR at that time of day is quite packed! Was your colleague able to claim insurance on it (Rioting)? Looks like it's best to get a good DVR to record and identify these characters.
  8. If you are filling air outside, please get down from your car have closer look at what people do.
    looks like people are making holes in the side wall to fix it later with tube for tube less tires,It happened to me once i got down to have Tender coconut water(narial pani), next the place I parked was puncture shop.
    While I was busy in drink, some one pointed to me saying my tire has devolved a puncture, i just took the 5th wheel and replaced the tire myself and drove away.
    next day while trying to fix the punctured tire I was shown the two small holes on the side wall.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  9. Can you please share the details of the car DVR installed in your car?
  10. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    It is not just quite packed, it is Rush Hour actually, but still it happened anyway, you obviously know the area when you are nearing Western Highway, about 3 kms away from it, there is a slum on that front, I am guessing that the inhabitants might be perpetrator of the con.

He checked for the insurance the damage they estimated was over 50K, so he had it done from outside in 12K. It seems even after claiming he would have to shell out more than 12K.