1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Causes for instrument cluster failure

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nishweth, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    My problem has been resolved ! The defect reappeared again. Now I am waiting for the call from FASS that the part has arrived.Will update everyone about the realignment of the ODO reading etc..
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    there will be difference in ecu/bcu reading
    1 person likes this.
  3. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Changed the cluster today under warranty.
    The ODO reading is not changed at all.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

What was the conclusion here? Excuse if the resolution got reported on any other threads.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It was just a loose contact somewhere, there were no errors on the BCU, while there were errors logged in the ECU and also the ABS computer. It was nothing to do with the instrument cluster as such. :)

After the A.S.S visit the car has been fine, run about 600 kms.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmmm. Contrary to popular belief, looks like Google knowledge is not such a bad thing, after all.

Rajan
  7. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    The part has not arrived even after 3 weeks ! Meanwhile the defect appears off and on ie on certain days the display is completely fine and on other days,the display is completely blank. ODO has been correctly updating for the period, the display remained blank too ! Could it be an intermittent defect caused by loose connections ? In that case, I would be shuttling between ASSC and home even after the new part is fitted !
  8. Rudresh S

Rudresh S Timido

Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Dear Aniket

I am facing the Cluster display issue exactly as yours. In this regard I would like to speak with you.

Can I have your contact details so that I can call you?

Thank you

Rudresh

Ph: +91 9845716830

Rudresh_s@yahoo.com
  9. kiran.khandre

kiran.khandre Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

I am having similar issue.
    The LCD panel on my dash has slowly started to fail. It would get random characters appearing, then would be fine for a bit. Now it has fully gone. Now my display is completely blank with only backlight working. I inquired Fiat Service station and they quoted me Rs 13500

Thanks
    Kiran
  10. Rudresh S

Rudresh S Timido

Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I really don’t understand what is FIAT’s action plan for such issue.

I checked with FIAT Customers service center over the phone. I explained them issue clearly. But they have only one advice for us ‘please take the vehicle to nearest service station’.

Service centers are least bother about looking the issue in detail. They simply asks us get the Instrument Cluster replaced.

I am not sure is FIAT really interested to fix such issue. Even Rs. 100/- LCD watch lasts for more time than this instrument cluster!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016