1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carwash & Waxing at rs.99 - Carnation

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is in BTM 2nd stage.If you are coming from BTM 1st stage, from Udupi Garden restaurant, go straight till road dead end (this is 16th main road). At dead end, take right turn, go for say another 500m, on left side you will see Coffe Day and More shop. Go further 20-30 mts, take left (1st left turn just after coffe day). Carnation has opened it recently.
  2. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi Sir...besides, where do you give your car for cleaning/washing (close to BTM)? I travel all the way to south end circlet - opp to Keane for washing :-(
  3. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One cleaning guy comes daily to clean it, as it is parked in open.
    However, nearby to carnation (I stay very near), 2 washing place is there. If you come to this carnation, inform me, we can meet.
  4. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sure Ravi ...will keep you posted...got to be one of these weekends !!
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I returned from Carnation, Marathahalli, two hours back after getting my Linea washed and waxed at Rs 99 through snapdeal.

I had booked online for 9:30 am slot today earlier and I reached there exactly at that time. But, no SA attended to me for the next 15 minutes. A security guard came and obtained my car details with my signature in a register. Then, I went inside and found many SAs were having group discussions! One SA enquired with me and when I presented him with the details, he filled up a job card and requested me to sit. Then, he went out, inspected my Linea, jotted down the details, came back and handed over a copy of the job card and asked me to sit in the customer lounge. He told me that it would take about two hours. I said, fine. I would wait and take my car.

I sat in the customer lounge, which was small. Another cusotmer [also getting the snapdeal wash&wax done] switched on the TV in the customer lounge. There were two remote controls, one each for TV and Tata Sky STB. While the TV remote control worked, Tata Sky remote control didn't. I saw him switching the batteries of the former with latter, and presto, Tata Sky became alive. Then he surfed various channels only to get this message: 'You have not subscribed to this channel'! He tried in vain for about 10 minutes and finally gave up.

After reading the Times of India, I went out to inspect the progress. I saw my Linea hoisted and its mud-guards/underbelly pressure-washed. Later, it came down and again pressure-washing continued. My Linea was then taken to another dry area and dry-cleaned. I saw a few boys dry-cleaning the car with air jet first, and then, they applied tyre polish, vinyl/plastic polish, etc. Then, the SA was searching for wax polish guy. Then, I came back to the customer lounge and sat again. After about 20 minutes or so, the SA materialised in front of me and announed that my Linea was ready!

I was given a bunch of discount coupons including another wash&wax totally free. SA informed me that these disount coupons were car-specific and I had to use them within one year. I thanked him and came back home. After reaching home, I observed that waxing was not done. I saw the mortal remains of insects acquired during my 672 km trip on Saturday still remained on the registration plate and grills inspite of pressure wash and waxing! My Linea also has acquired a few minute scratches thanks to washing and cleaning guys. I think, I will have to wash my Linea once again!

So, will I and my Linea pay a visit to Carnation in future at least to avail of the free wash&wax service? No, definitely not. :thumbs down
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats bad experience. Carnation has a chance to enhance its presence with good experience. They will loose so many potential customers.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    On a trip when ever I give my car for a wash, I see to it that I am nearby and guide around the guys on what to do and what not to. Secondly all our cars have wax and applier kept in back compartment along with other important day to day stuffs, so would politely ask them to use the wax that I have instead of what they use.

Another trick to use is to tip off the team in advance if you are visiting a new wash center, this generally helps to get a better work done :)
  8. ahhh oh!!!
    Well this was the space which saw me get those discount vouchers , after J Ravi's experience
    with carnation guys i am contemplating how is the final end product gunno be on my ride **Shrugs**
    Unless Mumbai Guys are out of the earth gifted with skills in efforts to hog potential customers into the confinds
    of the waitingroom/lounge...blah blah for over 2 hours and claim its a Job well Done... Errorneous Approach !

Thanks for sharing the Info ..J!
    I'll keep both my eyes & ears open when i get there

Cheers
    TND
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yesterday, a lady from Carnation telephoned me seeking my feed-back. I explained in detail about the unwanted scratches that my Linea acquired during the process of wash & wax. Finally, she said that she raised a complaint and it would be 'repaired' during my next visit. I told her, no thanks and no more visits and hung up the phone.

This morning another lady called up and politely apologised for the damages caused. She requested me to give an appointment so that my Linea could be picked up from home and brought back after 'rectifying' the defects. I said no. I don't want additional scratches FOC. She again pleaded. So, I told her I might decide about it after two weeks maybe, to which she asked me as to whether she could call me back after two weeks for appointment. I replied in the affirmative and disconnected the line.
  10. Yesterday, a lady from Carnation telephoned me seeking my feed-back. I explained in detail about the unwanted scratches that my Linea acquired during the process of wash & wax. Finally, she said that she raised a complaint and it would be 'repaired' during my next visit. I told her, no thanks and no more visits and hung up the phone.

This morning another lady called up and politely apologised for the damages caused. She requested me to give an appointment so that my Linea could be picked up from home and brought back after 'rectifying' the defects. I said no. I don't want additional scratches FOC. She again pleaded. So, I told her I might decide about it after two weeks maybe, to which she asked me as to whether she could call me back after two weeks for appointment. I replied in the affirmative and disconnected the line.[/quote:3ie6c9vm]

You may not want unwanted dilemmma on yur Ride anymore , its in the
    Best of interest to humbly put down any such soft talks from carnation and refuse to avail anysuch offer
    Who knows its could all be another ambuish attack on its way - PLAY SAFE!

Cheers
    TND