1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

CARS INN - Car spa/Car detailing in chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Gokulk, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Hello FIATians

I searched on the forum but since i couldn't find any thread about CARS INN in Chennai i wish to start a new thread on them

Yesterday i was just coming home with my cousin from Skywalk and i happened to see this place "CARS INN” started recently maybe at the main road of sterling road(Near Loyola college)& to make it very precise it has replaced the well known ETALICA restaurant

1.Got this snap from Google since i forgot to take one

111.jpg

Just got in with my cousins Fluidic verna this time and i had a warm welcome by one of the employee and he took me to the customer lounge where i was again politely welcomed by another person with a smiling face and he is Mr.Arun - proprietor himself and he just made us relax comfortably in a sofa with a brochure explaining the services offered in brief

Then he just switched on his Sony bravia (i initially thought he switched it ON becoz he wants us to watch some programs till their people have a initial check up of our vehicle)but to my surprise it was the menu of the services offered :pand he started explaining calmly from the 1st slide about all the services offered and their prices. Services range from exterior wash & wax treatments to sanding down scratches, interior conditioning/cleaning to engine room cleaning

What impressed me was his explanation on each & every service offered and things covered in each for that particular cost
    For ex. First for a Exterior package he explained
    1.Foam wash will be covered
    2.Engine room cleaning
    3.Tire dressing.......etc(everything going on slide before you on TV which makes you easy to understand)

Even 3M doesn't have anything like this while they start explaining from a wall poster and when they go to the 3rd service we forget what’s covered in the first service

Big cheer for this explanation clarity on a presentation in a LCD:up:up

My cousin asked so much of questions & Arun answered all of them very politely

After all the explanations finally we selected for the Exterior Essential treatment

His service advisor took a note on his Service job card(very professional to see such kind of job card activities)our contact information & the services we have selected

Then the vehicle was taken inside the service bay and the workers started their work immediately in a professional manner with aprons & gloves and the service activity starts with removing all floor mats & vacuuming the interiors

After that the vehicle was taken into Foam wash area for a complete wash

2.Before snap of our vehicle in the wash area

122.jpg

133.jpg

Then the vehicle was being given a thorough wash and by the time we were discussing with Arun on his idea of starting one of this kind. he explained very friendly about the process involved in starting a car detailing centre from getting a corporation approval till the opening. my cousin was eager to ask too many questions since he is interested in starting a restaurant on his own

Then by the time we were discussing the vehicle completed its wash and entered one of the service bays.each person started their own task like one person doing waxing, another dressing for tires and so on

From their work i noticed they use only MEGUIARS products and from my observations from online its equally good to 3M & some products even better than 3M. i was also observing all their products from their rack & reading the product labels by the time the work was getting done

The service advisor comes & inspects each & every part of the vehicle that is detailed to make sure that his people doesn't misses out anything and finally the service is completed and this is the outcome of the service

I have no words to express it & it’s just WOWWWWWW

15.jpg

16.jpg

Total cost for the package Rs 890( I don’t mind spending Rs 890 once in every 2 months after seeing such a beautiful shine & glossy look ) and it includes foam wash, glass cleaning, engine compartment cleaning, tire dressing, polish & waxing,interior vacuuming, mats washing etc and it took close to 1.5 hrs

Overall CARS INN Vs 3M(only Nungambakam) Vs CAR CARES(i don't want to compare any others who are not really worth)
    2.Professional like 3M from taking job card to proper uniforms for workers
    3.In depth detailing like door beading’s, Mud guard and emblem dressings
    4.0% try to upsell products which i have seen only over here
    5.Clarity on explanation of services in a presentation kind of thing (VERY GOOD APPROACH)
    6.Excellent work quality with dedicated work team
    7.Also the services are priced lesser compared to 3M

Dislikes:
    If i want to write one i would say absence of car wash alone(and Mr.Arun said he had this initially for first 2 week but due to some amount of taxi drivers coming in frequently & getting themselves occupied in the customer lounge which makes other customers little uncomfortable so they have discontinued it but told me he will look for some alternative on bringing it back)

Overall if you don’t get a slot on 3M(Nungambakam) please don’t waste your time & money somewhere else instead go to CARS INN which is nearby to have the same professional service

I love CARS INN & Mr.Arun's team

Will I go there again & refer my friends BIG YES

For details contact Mr.Arun (9677064629)
    4 people like this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

FYI, 3M guys have LCDs too to explain products and offerings to customers. :D

And a similar job at 3M costs same 890 plus taxes.

An alternative to 3M, maybe?
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am a fan of 3M car care at Nungambakkam. After trying at 3M, I wasn't satisfied at any other place. It would be real tough to win over the people with good customer service. People gave very high feedback on car cares, but, when I visited them they are not on par with 3M in professionalism. I can't comment on this place until I try with them. :)
    4 people like this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    3M though pricy will not compromise on quality. The next time you are in Bangalore, we will meet up with one person who has at least 20+ years of experience in the automobile field. The amount of insight he gave, I keep my eyes wide open even when going to a known place for any work on my car.

How the corners are cut to survive in business is interesting to know.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  5. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Hello DRIV3R

Me too a big fan of 3M nungambakkam and i also felt this one just as a alternative who can provide services at par to nungambakkam.

Hello ramjn

Ya you can give it a try once & give your reviews about the service
  6. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Ya nkrishnap you may be true.

Initially we believed 3M only after servicing with them similarly i tried CARS INN and gave my review and also every businessmen may not be the same and there can be some exception
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Agreed that there are exceptions. But once you get the insight of the car detailing business you will definitely change your view. After watching the detailing business very keenly for the past 2 years, I can confidently stand by what I mentioned.

The reason why I trust 3M is, there are surprise audits that happen to check the material used and the processes followed. At least on that front I can be happy that I would be paying for something genuine.

Note: This post is not degrade the service provider, but the difficulty for them to provide the same service over a period of time.
    2 people like this.
  8. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI

I completely agree with you FIATian on 3M quality audits.3M has totally 4 outlets in chennai & i can understand they ensure same quality all around their store equally then why do store like nungambakkam remains full all the time & people are interested to discuss about this store whereas people give very bad reviews about few others.The reason behind is people visit the store repeatedly only based on the treatment by the store owner

Thats the reason why brand like CAR CARES with just 1 outlet have got reviews at par with multi store 3M in chennai and i think people in chennai will agree to whatever i said

I like 3M nungambakkam and that doesnt mean im against other outlets.its just a preference like most of them and i have also started liking CARS INN now and i hope they continue to give good service over a period of time and i would keep visiting both this places
    1 person likes this.
  9. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Got a phone call from CARS INN(Mr.Arun) and he told 2 fiatians have visited the place yesterday after reading the review and he thanked me for the review and i told him to continue the good service which alone will make more walk ins inspite of thanking through phonecalls
    Lets see how the other fiatians rate about the service
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Today i spotted a grey punto with red fiat factory meet sticker at cars inn.

tasting the Italian delight!