1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carputer for FIAT Grande Punto 1.2 Active

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rajeev_pillai, Nov 11, 2010.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sourcing from the same source, AMS Impex (as link you posted above). Price quoted 7000+5%VAT. Thanks, BAK
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That's cool. The product is ok. Btw where r u planning to fix the monitor?

Rajeev

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
  3. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have no others parts as of now, have old PC and requires monitor. Purchasing this for my future (3 to 6 months) use in car. Till then will be experimenting with different front end softwares and other stuff on the old PC. Thanks for your quick responses. BAK
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    IMO keep the monitor as last item. When your p.c is all set to go buy it. Till then use normal one.
    Rajeev

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
  5. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    anyone using roof mounted lcd monitors? need feedback wrt head room and vision blocking as i am planning to move the monitor.

rajeev
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Rajeev, idea of monitor on headliner is great but trust me, when you are 100% ok with this idea then only go ahead with it.

Drawbacks of monitor on Headliner are :
    1)First of all, you have to drill Headliner trim. So in-future if you want to get rid of it, those nasty holes gonna look bad.
    2)Due to weight of your monitor, your Headliner's trim material will loose its original shape. Some dents, bulges are expected.
    3)Our *super finished* roads gonna lead your Headliner rattle!
    4)visiblity would not be good enough for rear passengers due to head-rests.
    1 person likes this.
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Tron,
    Punto has a big dashboard, but not of much use wrt mounting the screen without affecting visibility.
    Right now I am using an ipad windscreen holder, but it blocks the visibility to an extend, because of the windscreen design.

Just wanted to check this possibility, but don't want to do heavy mods otherwise would have gone for dashboard mods to fit the screen in place of the radio.

Can anybody post the pictures of flip down lcd monitor in punto?

rajeev
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    rajeev_pillai, our member Aniket had it couple of years ago but he removed it very soon. And all the problems stated aboved are faced by aniket.

@Aniket, if you have those pics please post em.

Btw rajeev, on dashboard i.e. OEM head unit box's gap is very much comfertable & suitable too. Yours screen is bigger than that or what?
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Somebody from chennai had already have it in his Linea. I think the post was there in t-bhp. To fit one many modifications are needed. But the end result is awesome.

Rajeev

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
  10. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Great thread rajeev! Indeed am also planning to do something like this.as you said i think am also bitten by the bug.but before that i got some doubts.hop you don mind helping me a bit.i enquired about the atom processor but i think its availability is bit low now.then i thought of having the via processor.in flipkart its available for 3500 with 2gb ram as well.its peak power consumption comes around 30 watts compared to atom's less than 15watts.also it has a hd video processor and hd 6 six channel audio out.don know if it suits our purpose.kindly please help me with your suggestion.
    For the display i already have a reverse view lcd screen on the rear view mirror.it also have 2 AV inputs.also found on the online search that vga can be converted to rca through a cable.please give your valued opinion
    SHEA