1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Carputer for FIAT Grande Punto 1.2 Active

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rajeev_pillai, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    I bought the screen from AMSIMPEX, Andheri for INR 7000+ VAT @ 5% = INR 7350.
    They quoted 7500 first, but later negotiated to 7000.
    However I feel that it was a better deal compared to ordering online and waiting for 1-2 months to get that.
    They delivered it without charging anything on the very next day after making the payment.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

Dear members,

Solicit help of fellow team fiat members who have a carputer installed (Pref Centrafuse) along with parking sensors to test the system 'Live in Car'. Pref in and around delhi...
    I will ship the circuit minus sensors to to him

Base requirements: - Carputer Installed with parking sensors running centrafuse.

I am fabricating the PCB and circuit... i
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ishan,
    I am using CF, but don't using sensors, planning to use a cam....

Rajeev
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi all,
    Finally the dream turned into reality. The carputer is installed yesterday at Auto lounge, Kharghar (suggested by Grandeur). Those guys were really co-opertive.
    Thanks Sandeep. It took around 6 hrs to complete the setup, but done it in a very nice manner.
    Except OBD, everything is working fine. (Need to configure OBD).
    I have the photos, will post it later.

Rajeev
  5. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Installation

Hi,
    Some of the snaps taken during installation.

The Installer, Shamsuddin. He does only what is told and does that with perfection.
    Picture 001.jpg

OBD connected.
    Picture 003.jpg

Testing the connections
    Picture 004.jpg

Testing the functionalities, before fixing permanently
    Picture 006.jpg

Fixing the screen, it is a temporary adjustment & not fixed permanently. planning to use a windscreen mount for tablet pc.
    Picture 012.jpg

Sorry for the shaken picture. That is the start-up screen of Centrafuse
    Picture 017.jpg

Rajeev
    1 person likes this.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    just a huge woow..............too terrific man.....please keep us posted what all it does.....

how you gonna make wires to reach till the fuse box?ain't they getting in between????
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Congrats Rajeev for the carputer, I wanted to come but I was in the middle of house shifting. However, I'll take a look at it when we meet. I'm sure you are enjoying the new setup in your car.
  8. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks varoon9999.
    The power connection is direct from the battery and uses an inline fuse. CPU is placed under the driver's seat. Thanks to the panel gaps which allows smooth passage of cables....:D.

Thanks Sandeep,
    Anyway I will be coming to Kharghar this weekend. I will give you a ring.

Future enhancements:
    1. Need a better bluetooth dongle as the voice clarity is very poor during calls.
    2. Need to upgrade the maps
    3. Reverse cam
    4. FM receiver

Rajeev
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Congrats rajeev, do share more pics of installation specifically about how are have powered this and how do you plan to hide those hanging wires.
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Viny,
    Connection diagram, but ACC is taken from the car stereo wiring (not frm cig, lighter as shown in pic). Used a computer power connector (5 pin molex) to connect it to the pc, so that it can be removed.

CarputerWiring.jpg

Hanging wires doesn't look good, I know. But don't want to drill any holes/ modify the dashboard. Also I am planning to use the windscreen mount.

Can you share some ideas of mounting the screen in a better way without much damage?

Rajeev